Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

No NBA fans?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No NBA fans?

How about the Miami Heat winning their second title. I'm not so much a Lebron fan but I'm glad he won a title. Maybe his haters and whiners will shut the hell up now.

I was definitely rooting for the home team big time. I don't think I would have been so into the Heat if it wasn't for the two former Gators on the team, Haslem and Miller.

It's tough to be an Oklahoma team though. They just can't seem to beat Florida teams in championships! GO HEAT! GO GATORS!

Old 07-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Starting to dislike the NBA alltogether. They need to get back to basics. Get away from the flopping, poor officiating, traveling, etc... I can't stand Lebron. I don't hate him because he's good, I hate him because of the way he treated Cleveland and his fans there. This is coming from a Steelers fan that could honestly give less of a crap about Cleveland sports in general but to watch the way he acted with the whole "Decision" thing it was like taking a giant **** on the people who rooted him on for years.

I don't blame him for going to Heat and have actually defended him at times but the way he went about it was wrong in every way. Being a Celtics fan as well I'm not going to act as if the Celtics don't have floppers on their team but Lebron is one of the worst floppers I have ever seen. Anything to draw cheap easy fouls, and it seems he gets the call more often than not. The officiating in the NBA overall is the laughing stock of professional sports. I swear they hire refs from off of the street. Sometimes they are so bad it's just laughable.

I want to see the NBA get back to what it was. The games were more technical, and more physical. I was watching a Jordan era Bulls game against the Detroit Pistons the other day and it seemed liked I was watching something completely different. Rodman flopped when he got brushed into and rather than the foul being called on the person he was guarding, the foul was called on Rodman as it should have been. Today it would of been the exact opposite outcome.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

How did he act? What was wrong about it?

I have yet to see a legitimate answer to this question.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:17 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I haven't even watched as much as a single play-off game since the Dr. J, Larry Bird, Magic era...

Old 07-15-2012, 01:42 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

I don't like or dislike LJ. I was rooting for Oklahoma because they are a small market team against the unlimited checkbook of Miami. Having said that, I am glad for LJ. He's had a lot of people saying negative stuff about him and he has shut them up. I get why Cleveland fans hate him, but not so many others. He's not a ghetto hoodlum, like so many in the league. He seems to have a lot of class. I will agree 100% with Shibby in that the league seems to have told the officials that "stars" are never to be called for traveling and charging. I watched one of the finals games and counted LeBron with 5 steps after grabbing the ball for a slam. Even when ESPN showed the clips on SportsNation over and over, 5 steps. I saw another where an Oklahoma defender was stationary in the paint and had set, LeBron ran him over and knocked him on his @$$ at least 4 steps after the defender had set. Yet, in the semi's an Oklahoma player was called for traveling for 1 step after clutching the ball for a layup that was waived off. The officiating is arbitrary and the rules have simply been thrown out for the "it" stars at the moment. I don't think it necessarily changes the outcome of the games, but it really does hurt the integrity of the NBA and if I were still a regular watcher of the NBA, I would quit just out of principle.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:48 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mantisman51 View Post
I don't like or dislike LJ. I was rooting for Oklahoma because they are a small market team against the unlimited checkbook of Miami. Having said that, I am glad for LJ. He's had a lot of people saying negative stuff about him and he has shut them up. I get why Cleveland fans hate him, but not so many others. He's not a ghetto hoodlum, like so many in the league. He seems to have a lot of class. I will agree 100% with Shibby in that the league seems to have told the officials that "stars" are never to be called for traveling and charging. I watched one of the finals games and counted LeBron with 5 steps after grabbing the ball for a slam. Even when ESPN showed the clips on SportsNation over and over, 5 steps. I saw another where an Oklahoma defender was stationary in the paint and had set, LeBron ran him over and knocked him on his @$$ at least 4 steps after the defender had set. Yet, in the semi's an Oklahoma player was called for traveling for 1 step after clutching the ball for a layup that was waived off. The officiating is arbitrary and the rules have simply been thrown out for the "it" stars at the moment. I don't think it necessarily changes the outcome of the games, but it really does hurt the integrity of the NBA and if I were still a regular watcher of the NBA, I would quit just out of principle.
This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid...&v=Gts0TlE4TnQ

Last edited by Shibby927; 07-18-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:05 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Wait, so other players don't take flops? There are so many more who do it WAY worse than him, especially players like Rondo! This is just bias towards him because of who he is. And how is it Lebron's fault that refs don't call traveling on him.

This just further proves my opinion on this subject. Also, this has nothing to do with the way he "acts". Those videos aren't of his demeanor or personality.

By the way, that last one, is actually a tough call, because you CAN take one step and jump forward with two. If he didn't look like he was shooting the ball, (making a juke move), then I can easily see why the ref didn't call it.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:16 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

I never said there aren't other players. "Starting to dislike the NBA alltogether. They need to get back to basics. Get away from the flopping, poor officiating, traveling, etc..." It's not just Lebron it goes on with every team including my Celtics. Pierce and Rondo are the two biggest perps when it comes to flopping on the C's.

Either way I see Lebron doing this just as much as the next guy. He took a **** on the city of Cleveland and it's fans as well. He's the total package of douchebaggery.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Poisonier

i just love waztching NBA its my favorite game to watch and love the MIAMI groups.....

Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 AM
MIKES3

Chicago Bulls FTW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No NBA fans?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: