What do you get for $3.00 per gallon? - Page 4 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

What do you get for $3.00 per gallon?

Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What do you get for $3.00 per gallon?

Old 08-01-2006, 07:06 PM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Default RE: What do you get for $3.00 per gallon?

the last time we paid $3 a gallon was a year ago

Old 08-02-2006, 12:58 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

What do you get for three dollars per gallon? Maybe a gallon of gas, but you help give a Saudi mother f-er this house:
Maybe we should say to hell with Iraq and Saddam's crappy pallaces and go after these ********! These are pictures of the Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan's house. He's the former president of the United Arab Emirates and ruler of Abu-Dhabi. Notice how many Big Money Wastes this idiot bought.
It sounds as if you are a communist redneck of America. Take offense if you like, but I think targeting them is an idiotic plan. So what if you were on top of the world with a huge oil industry, making billions? Wouldn't you want the money to keep flowing? Screw the little people. Business is about money...power...prestige...global influences on both the economy and governments.If you were ontop of your game and had consumers by the *****, you would want to keep it that way. Just as the CEO's and business executives are doing now.

No one is forcing you to buy their products anyways. If you really have an issue with it, cut your spending and buy a more fuel efficient vehicle like I did. You mention "Big money wastes" as well. Guess how many businesses prospered just because of his palace. Guess. 20? No, several scores of businesses gained profits from the guy's spending and it all went into the global economy. That's something people aren't to familiar with, global economies. You can't just expect to buy domestic products and keep the money in. Branching out creates bigger revenues.

Anyways, if you have a problem about the fuel prices, partially blame your own government about the issue. The 20% taxes you pay per gallon happens to be ridiculous. They think that people will be p*ssed off enough that auto manufacturers will eventually give in. It's an ok plan, however how long has this been going on and where are these great mpg vehicles? There are a few like, however punishing the people isn't the way to go. More refineries need to be built too. When is the last time one has been built? There is so much talk of hydrogen, so where is a refinery for hydrogen? Also if you want to stop the issue quit your whyning and get an education, become a CEO/company president, make millions, then create your own refinery of oil and sell it for rock bottom prices. Or will you become just as the rest, living in palaces? I think so. But the fact of the matter is this will keep on going. Quit complaining to lower level people, go to your government, even a big business like BP...then rant in numbers.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:02 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

DAMN LIBERALS; THEY LIKE TO TURN THE TABLES AND TWIST THE TRUTH!
It's a good thing a bunch of conservatives are running the show

dumba$$

Old 08-02-2006, 06:15 AM
motopimp

ORIGINAL: spudsterier
i drive the durango alot by myself(7 passenger) because my car doesnt have a/c......
Wasn't meant to single you out, but rather to be an overall statement of what we actually need compared to what we use/consume as a society. I am no champion of socio-economic issues (actually I could care less). But sometimes get caught up "just shaking my head" that here I am driving fifty five miles an hour in a 4cyl attempting to try and squeeze out 29-30 mpg (which I do soley for my own financial benefit) then here goes (numerous) Escalades, Suburbans, Pickups (albiet baby beds) etc., tec., flying by at eighty mph with one person and no cargo. Personally, I would have to give up to many toys to be able to p*ss money away like that ?? (and I make a decent living)

it is my choice to spend 50.00 a day on gas...however i have to go to work and this is a small little farm town....the nearest decent paying job is an hour drive away..
Somewhat in the same boat, as stated I commute 90 miles roundtrip with two hours total drive time myself. Have been contemplating a move to ease both the cost and time factors. However, they're isn't anything that's appealing closer in and where I am puts me closer to where I recreate/want to be. {my choice(s)} That's America, we have the opportunity to make what we make so we can live where we desire to live and spend what we spend. (can't do that most places in the world !!!)

therefore it would be pointless to go out and spend 20,000 on a new good-gas-mileage car if we are gonna be paying for it at least 3 years after it dies
Besides that, you would honestly be hard pressed to do better than what you have fuel economy wise. (and still buy "American" anyway)

Old 08-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Dodge_Ram_3500
Veteran

I wouldnt want to pay the electric for that place. And he's gotta bad taste in cars, 75% are the same BMW! My Shadow gets around 26-28MPG, the gas prices are $1.24 a Litre here, so $20 gets me half a tank, and that lasts me all week, but just barely.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you get for $3.00 per gallon?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: