Ohio State vs. Texas - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Ohio State vs. Texas

Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Ohio State Buckeyes
41.67%
Texas Longhorns
58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Ohio State vs. Texas

Old 09-07-2005, 11:01 PM
magnum v8
Professional
Default Ohio State vs. Texas

Gotta go with my beloved Buckeyes. Sorry Shorthorn fans.

John

Old 09-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Natedogg625
Record Breaker
Default RE: Ohio State vs. Texas

Going w/ texas only because my Aunt lives in Dallas.

Old 09-07-2005, 11:09 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I'm going with Texas as the Buckeyes rarely face anyone halfway decent anymore except Michigan......however, they're probably still not even the best team in their conference....

Old 09-07-2005, 11:21 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

Texas, because Ohio is a rival of Michigan

Old 09-07-2005, 11:24 PM
magnum v8
Professional

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

I'm going with Texas as the Buckeyes rarely face anyone halfway decent anymore except Michigan......however, they're probably still not even the best team in their conference....
As in the quality opponents like..........hmmm..........Louisianna-Lafayette? The Buckeyes have 3 games against opponents ranked in the top 10 this year. Not to mention the last couple years they've had Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Purdue. All of these teams have been ranked in the top 25. Texas plays Oklahoma every year and just lays down. The shorthorns can't win the big one.

The Big 10 is the powerhouse of college football. Don't forget it. And who is better than the Bucks in the Big 10 this year?

Old 09-07-2005, 11:25 PM
magnum v8
Professional

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

Texas, because Ohio is a rival of Michigan
You should be pullin for the Big 10, dude. Oh, BTW.....Go Irish!

Old 09-07-2005, 11:42 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

For starters, Michigan is AS good as Ohio State....not to mention Purdue has the opportunity to run the table and not even have to face either Michigan or Ohio State......

With the exception of the farce of a championship game in 2003, the Big Ten hadnt won a national title since the Wolverines shared one back in 97 I believe......you want best football conference? SEC....Hands down.....usually has at least 4-5 teams ranked nationally year round.....

The Big Ten is definitely the second best conference though.....although with the new ACC lineup..could be seeing some serious competition

Oh, GO FIGHTING IRISH

Old 09-07-2005, 11:45 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

youre kidding about the pig ten being "the" football powerhouse, right?

does pig ten vision not talk about the ACC? or the big 12? or the SEC?

ill be the first to say that my boys suck this year, and it should be their first year in a while to miss a bowl, but they went bcs bowling last year...and theyre with a new coach and system...

but just because a couple of the teams are above average, and because OSU was handed a championship a few years back, you surely cant seriously call that conference the best in college football.

and as for the fightnig irish....THEYRE ABOVE AVERAGE AGAIN!! EVERYONE ABOARD THE BANDWAGON!!!!

Old 09-07-2005, 11:49 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i don't like noter dame even though 2 of my cousins went there, and that is where my brother will probably go.

Old 09-07-2005, 11:57 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I'm from Indiana, and I grew up in an all IU/Purdue home setting.....I DETEST AND DESPISE THEM BOTH!!!!!!!

I grew up on Rudy and was always a huge ND fan.....I've been to dozens of games....and I watch them every chance I can. They aren't above average yet, but they are playing like they want to win something for a change. Charlie Weis will make the Irish a great team again....maybe not this season.....but just remember this.....while I hate Tom Brady.....he was virtually unbeatable with Charlie Weis as Off. Coordinator. and Brady Quinn is the same type of player.....

The Big Ten has been better then the ACC overall for years....the only two teams worth mentioning for years were Miami and FSU.....that said....this new melding of the ACC has them poised to be one of the best two conferences in football.....

As for the Big 12.......other then Texas, Oklahoma, and occassionally Texas AM, when has any team from their conference won a national title? I believe the last to do it was Nebraska....i could be wrong

And as for Oklahoma....they play a bunch of basketball style schools in that conference....same knock that the ACC had for along time....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ohio State vs. Texas

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: