Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

I have automotive hypochondria

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

I have automotive hypochondria

Old 02-22-2013, 04:05 AM
Prismatic
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have automotive hypochondria

My truck runs great. But I swear all it takes is one thread where someone says "yeah my 4.7 just blew up" and suddenly, my motor is 2.2 seconds away from grenading as well.. in my head that is.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:27 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fortunately for us, the 4.7 has proved its worth over the course of at least 10 years. Just like most engines all it takes is terrible maintenance and that'll kill any engine. No major problems that I can think of with the 287. Little bit of lifter tick in the cold morning startups is a normal thing for the 4.7 and 5.7 engines. Exhaust manifold bolts like to break once in a while, they're a pain in the *** to get at for repair, but other than those minor things, nothing to worry about as long as you keep your oil fresh regularly.

I'm sure others will give their two cents in due time!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have automotive hypochondria

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: