Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Gun control - my opinion

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Gun control - my opinion

  #11  
Old 10-26-2013, 08:59 PM
topkin
topkin is offline
Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Colorado Rockey Mtns
Posts: 251
Default

Criminals will always be able to aquire guns. No reason to restrict the law abiding citizen to aquire as well.
 

Last edited by topkin; 10-26-2013 at 09:07 PM.
  #12  
Old 10-27-2013, 11:20 AM
JJEH's Avatar
JJEH
JJEH is offline
Rookie
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tornado Alley, OK
Posts: 90
Default

I so agree with you guys.
 
  #13  
Old 11-17-2013, 04:32 PM
moe7404
moe7404 is offline
Record Breaker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location:
Posts: 2,040
Default

"GUN VIOLENCE"? NO NO NO the gun didnt do ANYTHING. the right name is "PEOPLE VIOLENCE"
 
  #14  
Old 11-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Shortride's Avatar
Shortride
Shortride is offline
Rookie
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: S.E. Oklahoma
Posts: 50
Default

I am a retired US Army veteran with 21 years of service. I was a weapon specialist and at the time of my retirement there weren't much I didn't know about most weapons and their capabilities. I am not a member of the NRA but I have always supported everyone's right to bear arms according to the Constitution. I am a firm believer that there is a dire need for some form of workable gun control. There are just too many loop holes in the system. I also have never believed that our government want to take our guns away from us. Nobody should be able to walk into a gun show and walk out with a gun without having a background check, plain and simple.

It really should be called, "People Control" instead of gun control.
 
  #15  
Old 01-21-2014, 05:07 PM
JJEH's Avatar
JJEH
JJEH is offline
Rookie
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tornado Alley, OK
Posts: 90
Default

I know this is an older thread but I have to add something to it.

For quite some time I thought about getting a video done to simply spread the word. I kept it as unpolitical as I could, but if it doesn't comply with the forum rules please feel free to delete it.

My plan was to create a short video but it turned out o be a 16 min. clip.

I would appreciate you for watching it. If you have anything to complain about or add or just want me to get your opinion please email me.

Thank you very much for your time!

 
  #16  
Old 02-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Shelbyguy's Avatar
Shelbyguy
Shelbyguy is offline
Rookie
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Midlothian VA
Posts: 91
Default

Originally Posted by Shortride View Post
I am a retired US Army veteran with 21 years of service. I was a weapon specialist and at the time of my retirement there weren't much I didn't know about most weapons and their capabilities. I am not a member of the NRA but I have always supported everyone's right to bear arms according to the Constitution. I am a firm believer that there is a dire need for some form of workable gun control. There are just too many loop holes in the system. I also have never believed that our government want to take our guns away from us. Nobody should be able to walk into a gun show and walk out with a gun without having a background check, plain and simple.

It really should be called, "People Control" instead of gun control.


Shortride, Thank you for your service. Really, thank you. That being said, if you think the government(or should I say mostly one party) is not trying to take our guns away, you haven't been paying attention. As more states add more restrictions on weapon types, magazine capacities, storage location, eventually you'll be sitting with a single shot 22 and wonder what happened. This is why I am an NRA member as they won't give an inch because the gun grabbers don't try to get it all at once. It's gun confiscation by a 1000 cuts. Sorry but without the 2nd, the rest of them are up for grabs.
 
  #17  
Old 02-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Shortride's Avatar
Shortride
Shortride is offline
Rookie
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: S.E. Oklahoma
Posts: 50
Default

The common denominator I know of that exists is every time there's a tragic shooting somewhere in America, it plastered all over the news media and a lot of folks go out and buy more guns and the tragedy continues.
 
  #18  
Old 02-12-2014, 10:51 AM
moe7404
moe7404 is offline
Record Breaker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location:
Posts: 2,040
Default

ok lets do this. a dozen people drive drunk and kill. so we will go to YOUR house and force remove all your alcohol. if YOU have a problem dont make it MINE.
 
  #19  
Old 02-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Shelbyguy's Avatar
Shelbyguy
Shelbyguy is offline
Rookie
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Midlothian VA
Posts: 91
Default

Originally Posted by Shortride View Post
The common denominator I know of that exists is every time there's a tragic shooting somewhere in America, it plastered all over the news media and a lot of folks go out and buy more guns and the tragedy continues.

The common denominator you should be more concerned about is that most if not all of these shootings where perpetrated by mentally disturbed individuals who were either not being treated properly or not at all. The liberal mindset has loosened restrictions on keeping the mentally ill locked up until they can safely be integrated back into society and just throw drugs at them. Then the patient decides to go off his meds and we blame the tool the lunatic decided to use to kill people.


Now they've changed the narrative to fool the uninformed. So now it's called gun safety instead of control. It's all about control and nothing else. Just like obamacare. It has nothing to do with affordable health insurance. It's all about control and redistribution of wealth. Anyone with a shred of common sense would look at what they've done and know that. When you have 15% of the population that didn't have access to health insurance, why would you [email protected]#$ the other 85% who had it already? Millions are being forced into the exchanges with higher premiums and deductibles than they had with their old health insurance. It's all about control. Once you control people's health and disarm them, you have complete control of them.
 
  #20  
Old 02-12-2014, 11:37 AM
jkeaton's Avatar
jkeaton
jkeaton is offline
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 25,110
Default

Originally Posted by Shelbyguy View Post
The common denominator you should be more concerned about is that most if not all of these shootings where perpetrated by mentally disturbed individuals who were either not being treated properly or not at all. The liberal mindset has loosened restrictions on keeping the mentally ill locked up until they can safely be integrated back into society and just throw drugs at them. Then the patient decides to go off his meds and we blame the tool the lunatic decided to use to kill people.


Now they've changed the narrative to fool the uninformed. So now it's called gun safety instead of control. It's all about control and nothing else. Just like obamacare. It has nothing to do with affordable health insurance. It's all about control and redistribution of wealth. Anyone with a shred of common sense would look at what they've done and know that. When you have 15% of the population that didn't have access to health insurance, why would you [email protected]#$ the other 85% who had it already? Millions are being forced into the exchanges with higher premiums and deductibles than they had with their old health insurance. It's all about control. Once you control people's health and disarm them, you have complete control of them.
Agreed. I just dont understand how the liberal mind works.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gun control - my opinion


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: