Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Gun control - my opinion

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Gun control - my opinion

Old 05-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Shortride
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gun control is simply that. I think a lot of folks over react every time this issue comes up. There are extremist view on both ends of the gun control spectrum. It's quiet obvious what the NRA's addenda is. It to make more money. There's nothing wrong with the fundamentals of the 2nd Amendment. Special interest groups will always take advantage of the emotional aspect of gun control when there are tragedies such as we have experienced in recent times. I don't think any law could completely eliminate or control people that are determined to do harm to others. Mentally challenged people are not the only ones that are capable of doing harm to others.

Having said all of that, yes I believe there needs to be some form of gun control and no, I do not believe that the US government is trying to take anyone's guns from them. What I do believe is that the gun rights activist will continue to play on the sensitivity and emotional aspect of the subject.

Like other situations, what's really wrong is that the special interest group will always control what politicians do. That in itself is wrong.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:09 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Shortride View Post
Gun control is simply that. I think a lot of folks over react every time this issue comes up. There are extremist view on both ends of the gun control spectrum. It's quiet obvious what the NRA's addenda is. It to make more money. There's nothing wrong with the fundamentals of the 2nd Amendment. Special interest groups will always take advantage of the emotional aspect of gun control when there are tragedies such as we have experienced in recent times. I don't think any law could completely eliminate or control people that are determined to do harm to others. Mentally challenged people are not the only ones that are capable of doing harm to others.

Having said all of that, yes I believe there needs to be some form of gun control and no, I do not believe that the US government is trying to take anyone's guns from them. What I do believe is that the gun rights activist will continue to play on the sensitivity and emotional aspect of the subject.

Like other situations, what's really wrong is that the special interest group will always control what politicians do. That in itself is wrong.
So, what do you think would be 'appropriate' gun control? Perhaps enforcing the laws that are already on the books would be a good place to start, instead of passing knee-jerk legislation that will do nothing to reduce the crimes that grab the headlines so well.

So far, not ONE law that has been passed in CT, or elsewhere, will have the slightest influence on the mass-shooters.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Shelbyguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by Shortride View Post

Having said all of that, yes I believe there needs to be some form of gun control and no, I do not believe that the US government is trying to take anyone's guns from them.
Where are you getting your news from? The Daily show? You don't think there are bills going through the house and senate every week to restrict, limit, ban certain firearms, hi cap mags, ammunition? The Constitution is trampled upon by our government on a daily basis and the progressive mindset of D.C. is that the only way to achieve the Utopian ideal is to have a totalitarian nanny state. If Cankles wins the 2016 election we are truly finished as she is proud to label herself as a progressive.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Shortride
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
So, what do you think would be 'appropriate' gun control? Perhaps enforcing the laws that are already on the books would be a good place to start, instead of passing knee-jerk legislation that will do nothing to reduce the crimes that grab the headlines so well.

So far, not ONE law that has been passed in CT, or elsewhere, will have the slightest influence on the mass-shooters.

If I was smart enough to have a workable answer to that question I would have it made. I personally doubt there is a solution to our issues at hand. You are absolutely correct that the laws already on the books should be enforced. The laws we already have aren't being enforced most likely for the same reason. We have a major problem in Washington and it doesn't have anything to do with gun control.

Originally Posted by Shelbyguy View Post
Where are you getting your news from? The Daily show? You don't think there are bills going through the house and senate every week to restrict, limit, ban certain firearms, hi cap mags, ammunition? The Constitution is trampled upon by our government on a daily basis and the progressive mindset of D.C. is that the only way to achieve the Utopian ideal is to have a totalitarian nanny state. If Cankles wins the 2016 election we are truly finished as she is proud to label herself as a progressive.

What news are you referring to? Please don't misunderstand me. I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment. But that doesn't mean that anybody and everybody should be able to walk into a free for all gun show and buy weapons without background checks. That's all I'm saying. Lets not make this a personal attack. If you'll notice at the bottom of my signature, I know a little about guns and weapons of all kind. I think I have earned the right to voice an opinion without a bunch of finger pointing and blame placing. Out legislators is where an awfully lot of our problems are.

This issue is like a few other situation and that it would be difficult to make everyone happy. Always remember, there are interests and rights on both sides of the fence. I personally know way too many people that have exercised there 2nd Amendment rights that has no concept of their responsibilities as a gun owner. There are many conceal and carry patriots here that I do not want to be anywhere near if or when they think they need to protect themselves or their families.

As Forest Gump would say, "that's all I've got to say about that."

Last edited by Shortride; 05-07-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Big_Texxan
Professional

Gun control? you mean small dicks with power?

If they want mine, they will have to knock the damn door down and wait for me to fully unload.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gun control - my opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: