Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Gun control - my opinion

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Gun control - my opinion

Old 09-29-2013, 09:34 AM
JJEH
Rookie
Exclamation Gun control - my opinion

I'm not sure if this is the right place for posting this. But I'll take my chances. Every day we hear about gun control and the tragedies why we "need" it. I'm getting frustrated more and more every day...

A couple of days ago I posted following comment on my facebook walls.

Today I was reviewing the Navy Yard massacre and I would like to express my condolences to the victims’ families. But I also want to tell you the painful truth about this incident. Yes, due to the fact that his mental issues were not taken seriously and thus weren't being reported, he was still able to purchase a firearm, hold a security clearance and therefore his job. Another thing that went wrong is that they had neither a metal detector/x-ray nor a manual bag check at the entrance. Therefore it was “an easy one” for him to get his weapon of choice on Government premises. Now, you can either love or hate Mr. Wayne LaPierre (Executive VP of the NRA) for saying that “only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun!” but he’s right.

If the Government would allow individuals to carry concealed (everywhere at all times), than this massacre could have been prevented. Future massacres will be prevented, IF citizens are allowed to carry and take immediate actions if confronted with an active shooter. Of course not everyone is a warrior and runs towards danger. But no one is expecting this from you. On the other hand, no one will force you to carry either. It’s your choice. If you dislike firearms, okay. It’s your choice. But we need a law throughout all states that gives us the option. And before you now yell at me just remember one thing, if “feces are going down the drain,” who you gonna call? Right, good guys with guns and you hope they make it right. But they will never(!) be on time and save all lives of innocent people if horrible things like that happen.

People need to learn and accept that this is the only option we have, to at least stand a chance to survive such an event. Passing more gun control laws will only restrict law abiding citizens. Criminals don’t care about laws, that’s why they are criminals. I understand that the anti gunners are firm in their opinion and believe they have more “followers” on their crusade. But just think about it by yourself for some time and even the greatest anti gun person should come to the conclusion that laws never affect the wrongdoing of criminals in any way. This world is a dangerous place; we have craziness, chaos and hate everywhere. Don’t just rely on other people to protect you and your loved ones. You need to think about that and step up. Everything else would be naive.

This has nothing to do with Anarchy. This is called responsible gun ownership! And that can and will save lives!

Stay safe!

Jorge
I think about to send it to several magazines (one I already did), newspapers and TV stations. I also hope the word will spread on facebook.

Now, this is not to talk about our politicians. This is meant to stop for a minute at whatever you do and ask yourself "what can I do to make this world a better place?"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a tree huger. But don't some people understand that everything starts with them?

Why would a law reduce crime? Why would a law change peoples personality? I mean are we that far out of space in how we think these days?

Agree with me or not, but laws don't make a place better or worst. It's the people that live there!

Old 09-29-2013, 10:09 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Trouble is, it isn't in the politicians best interests to actually deal DIRECTLY with the root cause of the problem. Mental Health. Far better for them to have some 'evil' to campaign against, and grab headlines.

I completely agree with you though. No law is going to prevent these types of incidents. The only thing gun control accomplishes, is taking guns out of the hands of the law-abiding. Which criminals, by their very definition, are NOT. Someone contemplating doing something of this nature is not going to change their mind because they 'aren't supposed to possess firearms', or, their weapon of choice is illegal.... Thinking otherwise is denying reality.

I would also like to point out, that ALL of the mass shootings have occurred in Gun Free zones. Places where law-abiding citizens cannot carry, and the criminals are assured of an unarmed, target-rich, environment. The mass-shooters choose these locations BECAUSE they know, no one else will be armed, they have several minutes before anyone that can shoot back can arrive on the scene, so, they get free reign to kill as many as they can before someone else with a gun shows up. Then the generally kill themselves, or, surrender meekly to the person with a weapon. Would the shooter still have gone thru with his plan, if there was the possibility that someone at the location could actually shoot back? If he did, would the death toll be reduced by having someone at the scene capable of defending themself/others?

My answer is, Ban gun free zones. Allow folks to carry where they will. My bet is you would see a dramatic drop in the mass shootings......

Old 09-29-2013, 02:58 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

"Allow folks to carry where they will" really? YES YES YES. but guns are to be carried in sight on your hip. BUT if you misuse a gun its LIFE in jail. just think how many fewer police we will need.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:41 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

An armed society is a polite society.

Gun control is the ability to hit what you are aiming at.

You get more with a smile, and a gun, than you do with just a smile.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:51 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

"If the Government would allow individuals to carry concealed (everywhere at all times), than this massacre could have been prevented." There is the biggest problem regarding this whole debate. The government doesn't "allow" any damned thing. Our right to bear arms "shall not be infringed" and is endowed by our Creator, not government. Secondly, "the right to bear arms" means the right to carry arms, to have arms in our possession, to have arms on our person. Concealed, open or f'ing under our car seats; the convenience of law enforcement is no reason to trample on a citizens' rights. The Constitution, especially the Bill of Rights, were restrictions ON GOVERNMENT, not citizens. We are headed to a bad place in this country. Patriots who will not give up their rights cannot coexist with Marxist sheep(EVERY and without exception, ALL liberals)who feel the government is supreme and the citizens subordinate to it. Is it scary that all citizens can carry weapons? Tough crap, that's exactly what has kept our country free for 240 years. Liberal cowardice in no excuse to deprive ANY citizen of their rights.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:29 AM
JJEH
Rookie

Originally Posted by mantisman51 View Post
... The government doesn't "allow" any damned thing.
You are right, sorry for my wording.

I meant we need a federal law that allows law abiding citizens (lac) to carry nationwide.

It has only advantages since the lac isn't the problem in this whole topic, rather than the victim!

Old 10-16-2013, 02:28 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator

I agree with all the above! lol I want a national reciprocity agreement between all states. New laws that those fools feel they need to pass, is only feel good legislation in my eyes.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:59 PM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Seems to me that every time I read the stats on violence in cities and countries that implement gun control, the number of violent crimes goes up. Have to agree that controlling the guns in the hands of law abiding citizens does nothing to stop violent crimes committed by criminals with illegally owned weapons.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:06 PM
garryburrell
Rookie

We already have that law you are talking about. It lets you carry any were in the USA .it is called the second amendment. All the laws after this is unconstitutional. We the people of the United States need to take all of our rights back.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:21 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by garryburrell View Post
We already have that law you are talking about. It lets you carry any were in the USA .it is called the second amendment. All the laws after this is unconstitutional. We the people of the United States need to take all of our rights back.
That is uneqivocally and absolutely correct. From the time the first "gun control" law was passed(1933 by the communist FDR who BTW used Soviet Russia as his example for that law), it guaranteed that all firearms would some day be banned if the citizens didn't stand up to the politicians and take back their rights.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gun control - my opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: