Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Trade your Dodge for a Volkswagen Truck?

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Trade your Dodge for a Volkswagen Truck?

Old 03-19-2014, 06:56 AM
RDuck
Captain

Trade? No.
Looks better than a Gen 3 though.
Better mileage than any Gen I'm betting.
Its not a Honda. Lol.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:03 PM
wolferacing

I like VW. I used to own an old 69' bug convertible. I loved that little bug.(wish I had it still) But I would not trade my anything for what they or anyone else is calling a truck. If you can't put a sheet of plywood in the bed and close the tail gate it is not a truck. It is a truck like thingumajig the marketing people are cramming down our throats. No I will stay with my 03 Dodge quad cab dually with an 8 foot bed. but hey that's just my oppinion

Old 04-14-2014, 12:27 PM
chris65
Rookie

the amarok does not compete with RAM, more with Dakota.
But VW is planning to build a fullsize truck. At least it is in discussion.

to the engines- well- the diesel has maybe 300NM or more- but just off of a tiny engine. small engines with turbo need rpm.
the difference is with heavy load on the hill- a big 5.7L engine will shift a gear back and still go with 1700 rpm and 60mph up the hill. the small 2L diesel will die and at the end it will crawl up the hill in first gear, 3000rpm and 20mph.
this vehicle is mostly designed for the south american and european market, where they buy this vehicle to show up at the kindergarden or soccer club. Europeans don't have to transport as much as americans.
If VW wants to have a chance in north america, it has to build a vehicle, the market wants- not a slim sleak air-streamed wannabe truck with a small diesel engine- they got to come up with a manly looking heavy metal hard core truck. But as long as european designer trying to build vehicles for the US and think it looks good- than it's mostly boring for the us and up the wall for europeans.
I can say that- I am originally from there.
I am afraid the same happens, when the new ownership tries to redisign the charger- or the RAM...- if it looks like their cargo van- I will say: hey Ford- show me what you got...

Last edited by chris65; 04-14-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trade your Dodge for a Volkswagen Truck?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: