Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Fort Hood Shooting

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Fort Hood Shooting

Old 04-11-2014, 02:27 AM
Tunaman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, this is absolutly terrible. It will take someone a lot more intelligent than myself to come up with the answer. I remember the VietNam vets coming back sick from agent orange etc and many with emotional problems, that too was terrible. then back when I was a kid I remembed dad telling an occasional ww11 war stories, Normandy, The Buldge etc, no picnic either!! As I'm sure was Korea and all the other wars. But I do not recall, were there the shootings, mass murders etc then as now? I just believe the problem lies much deeper than emotional problems from Iraq. What is it? like I said I'm not sure. I believe people were much closer to each other then for some reason. Heck I had more friends 20 yrs ago than now but I'm just a grumpy old man but have no intention of shooting a dozen peolpe. Don't even try to blame guns, heck look at the kid in High School with the knife this week. I know this is probably impossible to answer. Just ramblings from a confused guy.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Josh_Putman
Professional

In my opinion it is all of the violence on tv and in movies, combined with the video games, mixed in with a serious lack of parenting.

Twenty or thirty years ago and more there wasn't such a prevalence of violent images that can be seen on a daily basis by young eyes. I certainly didn't consider killing any of my school mates when I was younger, and I got picked on quite a bit.

Our society is circling the bowl morally, and it really is a shame. It will be a long damn time before this can be reversed, if it's even possible.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:14 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

In our brady bunch society of no one ever fails, and no one is responsible for their own actions..... it isn't going to change, it's only going to get worse.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Josh_Putman
Professional

Good points. I agree.

My five year old son gets mad when I beat him playing his Wii. I tell him he has to learn how to lose before he learns how to win.

When I started bowling, shooting archery, and shooting pool competitively it was the same way. I didn't win right away. It took lots and lots of practice and lots of tournaments before my skills were sharp enough to start winning. It's often called "paying your dues", and a lot of people can't seem to comprehend that concept.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:40 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Paying WHAT? You mean, the government doesn't owe me a living wage? Comfortable House? Cell phone? Cable TV? Really????? Wow. You tryin' ta say I actually need to WORK for that? Seriously????

(that's sarcasm by the way. )

In our entitled world, that particular phrase has become pretty much akin to swearing.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Tunaman
Veteran

Originally Posted by Josh_Putman View Post
In my opinion it is all of the violence on tv and in movies, combined with the video games, mixed in with a serious lack of parenting.

Twenty or thirty years ago and more there wasn't such a prevalence of violent images that can be seen on a daily basis by young eyes. I certainly didn't consider killing any of my school mates when I was younger, and I got picked on quite a bit.

Our society is circling the bowl morally, and it really is a shame. It will be a long damn time before this can be reversed, if it's even possible.
Josh, you hit the nail right on the head. Also the media playsthese things over and over and over to the point they are almost glamorizing it. Kids and sick adults see this and say, "hey,look at all the attention he/she got. I bet I can do one better than that"

Old 05-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Tunaman
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
Paying WHAT? You mean, the government doesn't owe me a living wage? Comfortable House? Cell phone? Cable TV? Really????? Wow. You tryin' ta say I actually need to WORK for that? Seriously????

(that's sarcasm by the way. )

In our entitled world, that particular phrase has become pretty much akin to swearing.
so in other words you have a problem in sharing a piece of the pie with me?? LOL

Old 05-06-2014, 03:36 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
so in other words you have a problem in sharing a piece of the pie with me?? LOL
If it's chocolate pie, touch it at your own risk. If it's pecan pie, well, have at it.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Tunaman
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
If it's chocolate pie, touch it at your own risk. If it's pecan pie, well, have at it.
LOL!! How about we buy a chocolate pie together and see who can eat their half first?? But I warn ya, i can eat some chocolate creme pie . LOL

Old 05-07-2014, 11:00 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
LOL!! How about we buy a chocolate pie together and see who can eat their half first?? But I warn ya, i can eat some chocolate creme pie . LOL
We can get two. I like a nice tall glass of COLD milk with mine as well. BRING IT ON!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fort Hood Shooting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: