Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

New to all this

Old 04-16-2014, 12:34 PM
ewing.caleb
Default New to all this

I don't know if this is the place to ask this but ill go anyways. my name is caleb, im 24 yrs old and I have a 2003 dodge Durango slt. Great rig when it was running. Currently I have it financed through a local credit union. I owe about $6000. PRoblem I have is it needs a new engine. with the cost of a new engine and labor, would it be a good idea to just let them Repo the car? I know it would affect me, but at my age is it a good idea?

Old 04-16-2014, 01:19 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator

Welcome to the forum. Having a vehicle repo'd will likely stay on your record as long as a bankruptcy, which is 10 years. If you're willing to live with damaged credit until your mid-30's then that is a choice you will have to make. You will still be able to get credit, but it will be with high interest rates and from second rate lenders. If it were me, I'd try to sell it "as is" if you can't afford to fix it, pay off what you can and then work on paying off the rest. You took the loan out, it is your responsibility. If you chose to go the repo path, just be prepared to deal with the consequences.

Moving this to the off-topic section.

Last edited by jkeaton; 04-16-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:31 PM
djbucky3
Captain

Just try to sell it and pay off the rest. Repo might sound easier to you now, but i sure as well wouldnt want to deal with everything after it!

Old 04-16-2014, 03:08 PM
modernmuscle
Amateur

I agree with everyone else, sell it for what you can!

Old 04-17-2014, 02:01 AM
T-Ram
Rookie

Have you priced a low mileage used engine? Call different mechanic shops see if any will work with you (partial credit on labor etc.).

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: