Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

The Bundy Ranch Saga

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

The Bundy Ranch Saga

Old 04-27-2014, 12:19 PM
djbucky3
Captain

Originally Posted by 1954Radio View Post
I don't think the federal government has any right to collect fees from this land. They don't own it, the state does and the state should be the ones collecting fees from the Bundy's if any. The whole BLM is nothing but a government scam.

I second the government scam part. Drives me crazy..

Old 04-27-2014, 06:46 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

gov scam? well if it was a scam we might have chance to bet it some how. just about the time i think i have seen the worst from the gov we have to SAVE the turtles. BUT they havent shown me ONE time that the cattle have harmed ANY turtles.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Bundy is another of these Right Wing knuckle dragging morons who doesn't know any more about the Constitution and an individuals rights than the average person knows about brain surgery. He is a big mouth liar and bullshiatter.

It's funny how that jackass claims he believes in the Constitution of the State of Nevada yet does not acknowledge the existence of the US Government (all while riding his horse, waving the US flag). In order for a State to be admitted to the Union, a territory has to ratify a Constitution that acknowledges the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacy_Clause of the US Constitution, and as such that State will follow Federal Law. Bear in mind that sometime in the past, the State of Nevada ceded a great deal of land to the US Government. For those who understand how big businesses rape and plunder natural resources without regulations in place should see that ranchers are no better.

Someone also did some digging on Bundy's heritage, and it turns out he's once again lying (like most of these idiot "Patriots" do) about how long his family has "homesteaded".

He owes grazing fees, he has lost several court battles, and he is 100% in the wrong. He's a moocher and a leach on society, plain and simple. Simply put, he's no better than those on public assistance, whom he thinks are a burden on society. He has clearly demonstrated that he wants something for nothing.

Lastly, anyone who intentionally uses women as a shield in anticipation of an armed conflict is a coward.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:06 PM
djbucky3
Captain

Originally Posted by Gary-L View Post
Bundy is another of these Right Wing knuckle dragging morons who doesn't know any more about the Constitution and an individuals rights than the average person knows about brain surgery. He is a big mouth liar and bullshiatter.

It's funny how that jackass claims he believes in the Constitution of the State of Nevada yet does not acknowledge the existence of the US Government (all while riding his horse, waving the US flag). In order for a State to be admitted to the Union, a territory has to ratify a Constitution that acknowledges the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution, and as such that State will follow Federal Law. Bear in mind that sometime in the past, the State of Nevada ceded a great deal of land to the US Government. For those who understand how big businesses rape and plunder natural resources without regulations in place should see that ranchers are no better.

Someone also did some digging on Bundy's heritage, and it turns out he's once again lying (like most of these idiot "Patriots" do) about how long his family has "homesteaded".

He owes grazing fees, he has lost several court battles, and he is 100% in the wrong. He's a moocher and a leach on society, plain and simple. Simply put, he's no better than those on public assistance, whom he thinks are a burden on society. He has clearly demonstrated that he wants something for nothing.

Lastly, anyone who intentionally uses women as a shield in anticipation of an armed conflict is a coward.
But do you believe BLM is acting correct?

Old 04-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by djbucky3 View Post
But do you believe BLM is acting correct?

If he's stupid enough, after having lost every single court action, to continue grazing his cattle on Federal Land, then yes. The BLM should impound every animal to sell at auction and apply the proceeds to the cost of impounding, storage, and hauling to sale. Any shortage should be attached as a lien on his property so as to cloud the title.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

I know someone who lives in that immediate area and he is far more familiar with the whole situation than any of the national news sources.

Bundy refuses to pay the federal government for taxation of land that is literally vacant. If anyone is to legally collect money on that land, it should be the local municipality and not the money grubbing feds. Like many other farmers who have been forced out of business by these huge grazing taxes, Bundy has been using this land for a long *** time...well before BLM imposed their taxes on land that was just sitting around, waiting for cows to crap on it. Bundy has gone so far as to give a check for the taxes to the local municipalities but they refused it because is the federal governments policy - not theirs - and the local government doesnt support the tax.

Gary, you must drink a whole lot of the liberal media's koolaid. It blows my mind that any reasonable human being thinks that it is ok for the government to swoop in and kill a bunch of someones animals because they havent paid taxes. I dont think that military-like action should be taken against any american who isnt posing a serious risk to other americans. This is no different than the IRS kicking down someone's door and kidnapping their families because they claimed a personal meal on their taxes...except on a much grander scale.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:43 PM
1954Radio
Captain

Originally Posted by Gary-L View Post
If he's stupid enough, after having lost every single court action, to continue grazing his cattle on Federal Land, then yes. The BLM should impound every animal to sell at auction and apply the proceeds to the cost of impounding, storage, and hauling to sale. Any shortage should be attached as a lien on his property so as to cloud the title.
Stubborn would be more fitting instead of the word stupid. When you work land and cattle with your bare hands all of your entire life and then some only to have it taken from you just a mere 20 years ago, unlike most people of today who take freedom for granted you stand up and fight for what you believe in. These guys are cattlemen and horsemen, they are not city slickers or wussies. If they could legally, they would grab these green horn money hungry feds by the ears rip their heads off and beat them into the ground without breaking a sweat. They are not looking for a free ride, they feel the money belongs in their state, their community and not in the hands of the feds who btw are looking for a FREE RIDE.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:01 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by 1954Radio View Post
Stubborn would be more fitting instead of the word stupid. When you work land and cattle with your bare hands all of your entire life and then some only to have it taken from you just a mere 20 years ago, unlike most people of today who take freedom for granted you stand up and fight for what you believe in. These guys are cattlemen and horsemen, they are not city slickers or wussies. If they could legally, they would grab these green horn money hungry feds by the ears rip their heads off and beat them into the ground without breaking a sweat. They are not looking for a free ride, they feel the money belongs in their state, their community and not in the hands of the feds who btw are looking for a FREE RIDE.
You forget liberals are intolerant of anyone elses views or opinions and those who dare to disagree or think differently than they do are idiots. Amazes me sometimes.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by BadStratRT View Post
I know someone who lives in that immediate area and he is far more familiar with the whole situation than any of the national news sources.

Bundy refuses to pay the federal government for taxation of land that is literally vacant. If anyone is to legally collect money on that land, it should be the local municipality and not the money grubbing feds. Like many other farmers who have been forced out of business by these huge grazing taxes, Bundy has been using this land for a long *** time...well before BLM imposed their taxes on land that was just sitting around, waiting for cows to crap on it. Bundy has gone so far as to give a check for the taxes to the local municipalities but they refused it because is the federal governments policy - not theirs - and the local government doesnt support the tax.
Every other rancher pays his fees and yet Bundy believes he is special. A reasonable person would pay his fees and then initiates a suit. Doing so proves that he has suffered damages and gives standing.

For those people who complain that "the land isn't being used anyway" -- Try fencing off a portion of Federal Land, ie a forest preserve, land adjacent to a National Park, etc, and see if you can get away with claiming http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_possession. After all, the land isn't being used, right? Not going to happen.

Gary, you must drink a whole lot of the liberal media's koolaid. It blows my mind that any reasonable human being thinks that it is ok for the government to swoop in and kill a bunch of someones animals because they havent paid taxes. I dont think that military-like action should be taken against any american who isnt posing a serious risk to other americans. This is no different than the IRS kicking down someone's door and kidnapping their families because they claimed a personal meal on their taxes...except on a much grander scale.
Well Brad, I will have to laugh at your comment about "Liberal Media Kool-Aid", and the rest of your analogy smacks of Reductio ad Absurdum. As much as I cannot stand Paul Krugman, he hits the nail on the head in his New York Times piece: High Plains Moocher. Also, nowhere in my post did I say that the Government should go in and kill his cattle; however, if he continues to allows his cattle on land that is not his, then it is reasonable for the Government to impound his cattle much in the same way someone illegally on the road can have his vehicle impounded.

I, for one, believe in limited Government and limited police powers; however, when these "sovereign citizen" types start creating drama and comparing themselves to the Founding Fathers then other citizens should worry, because these people are mentally unstable and are borderline anarchists. We are a nation of laws, plain and simple, and if people cannot, or will not, follow the law, then they should expect what is coming to them just like the rest of us who do follow the law should expect the authorities to uphold the law.

The Government could have come in with a few unarmed agents, and I guarantee Bundy would have had a bunch of his supporters there with guns ready to play OK Corral.

Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
You forget liberals are intolerant of anyone elses views or opinions and those who dare to disagree or think differently than they do are idiots. Amazes me sometimes.
Most Conservatives believe that whenever a Judge, or Judges, render a decision contrary to what they (Conservatives) believe, then said Judge(s) are "activist Judges". People like Limbaugh, Hannity, Palin, et al, are clueless when it comes to legal theory; actual critical thinking and reasoning; Judicial Review; and stare decisis.

Last edited by Gary-L; 04-29-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:18 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
We aren't idiots, we are bigots, racists, or domestic terrorists, get it right.

Attached Thumbnails The Bundy Ranch Saga-d2whj5t.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Bundy Ranch Saga

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: