Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Why the f

Old 05-05-2014, 04:40 PM
RDuck
Captain

Originally Posted by Big_Texxan View Post
My dizzy gave me some probys, so I worked on it and took my remmy to it, my DS broke, blew my diffy in a heluva jiffy, so now im getting a new tranny from my shawty
Nice. Ha Ha.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:18 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator

This is one of the threads in a new member area of another forum I'm on from a mod.

Title:
"Typing like a moron makes you look like a moron. PLEASE USE DECENT GRAMMAR.

I'm tired of it. I am completely tired of it. If you join this forum, and want help with some specific issues, or want opinions on a scenario, you must able to communicate with us properly. That was a forum is. Communication on a detailed topic. Making it easier for others to understand what you're talking about allows us to properly help you in a timely manner. We're all here because we want to be. It's OUR free time. No one is paying us to help you.

Chances are, if you decide to make a 10 line long paragraph of nothing but a giant run-on sentence, I'm not going to take 10 minutes of my time to try to decipher your poor excuse of an attempt to elaborate on whatever the hell you were talking about.

Moron examples include:

1) if u lyk to talk lik dis u r a moron

2) IF YOU DECIDED AN ALL CAPS RAGE MAKES YOUR POST SEEM TO STAND OUT MORE, YOU ARE A MORON, AND I WILL DELETE YOUR THREAD.

3) If you decide to make a sentence that explains a problem you're having but then decide on no lets keep elaborating on this then well talk about a cat you had in the third grade and died then talk about that mad fast celica you saw on I30 last night when you went to hang out with your main diggy dog best friend and sonic which in turn makes this a giant pain in the *** run on sentence which hurts our brain.

The point:

Periods and commas do wonders and can convey a clear message. I would assume we all passed the third grade, and understand what those tiny little marks can do. I understand the internet can let us use a bit of slang, but constructing an entire paragraph out of gibberish will not help your case. So if you can't construct a readable message, don't expect us to respond to it."

There are forums out there that go from one extreme to another. This one is not as bad as some others as we all have observed.

Last edited by jkeaton; 05-05-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:13 PM
RDuck
Captain

Point.
That's why I see Dizzy here and only here and its a new "term" that just drives me nuts.
We can have great discussions here without adding stupidity.
Yes, I myself have made some real dumb posts and arguments. And have been proven wrong. But I still make my best attempt at completing correct and understandable sentences.
Im glad this topic is at least humorous if anything.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:24 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RDuck View Post
Point.
That's why I see Dizzy here and only here and its a new "term" that just drives me nuts.
We can have great discussions here without adding stupidity.
Yes, I myself have made some real dumb posts and arguments. And have been proven wrong. But I still make my best attempt at completing correct and understandable sentences.
Im glad this topic is at least humorous if anything.
And you more than likely are aware of how much we APPRECIATE that. (because you do too.)

But, not everyone is like that. Unfortunately. Nature of the beast. For the posts that are mostly gibberish, I might make an attempt to decipher it, but, I am not going to try real hard. If I can't, or won't.... then I just don't post at all. See if someone else is feeling particularly intuitive. (or, is that 'masochistic'?)

We don't do too bad here. At least, not in the 2nd gen section. Sure, we have some real doozies on occasion.... but, you are going to find that no matter where you go.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:32 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator

lmfao smfh u finna even be on the same pge tryna refresh when u dont even try for that and u com n try to read about wut u think is on this site lmfao smfh bro....

Old 05-05-2014, 07:35 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

I think this is the most activity I have seen in the Off Topic forum since I started here.....

Old 05-05-2014, 07:40 PM
RDuck
Captain

Its like kids, my youngest is one at 17, who say "Its not how its spelt as long as its understood that makes it right"
And he is right. Talk like that and I understand your retarded. Lol.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:43 PM
RDuck
Captain

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
I think this is the most activity I have seen in the Off Topic forum since I started here.....
Your welcome. Lol.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:51 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Your welcome. Lol.
Wouldn't that be "you're"?

Old 05-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Big_Texxan
Professional

Exactly. What's really scary is, I understood most of that.

Nice. Ha Ha.

Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
lmfao smfh u finna even be on the same pge tryna refresh when u dont even try for that and u com n try to read about wut u think is on this site lmfao smfh bro....
dont u no we all talk like dis on da net bro i mean really *** on man u really got 2 step ur game up fo realz

Wouldn't that be "you're"?
NO NO, its ur

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: