Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Dealer Experience?

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Dealer Experience?

Old 05-06-2014, 09:40 AM
chris65
Rookie
Default Dealer Experience?

I was last week at the dealer to buy a new car.
after all we sold our 06 charger and bought a 2014 brand spanking new charger before the design accident makes it impossible to drive a new charger.
what I noticed was:
as long as they need the signature under the contract, they suck your toes.
after you signed, all concern was, that you make sure, you come back every 6 months or 3000miles for an oilchange!!
done with everything, they cleaned the car and filled the gas up full (was nice), they gave my wife (for her was the car) the key and said- here- it's keyless entry- and all the other stuff is in the manual- ya'll figure it out- bye.
wow- that was like a page on a hotel walks with you in the rain half way to the car and pulls suddenly the umbrella away and walks back and leaves you in the rain.
first thing I thought- hey- I just spent 20K+ and you act like you kick me out, not without telling me, that a brand new vehicle falls apart, when I don't change the oil all 3000 miles or 6 months?

Why are dealer acting this way?
why can't they be honest and tell the customer, that the vehicle has a oil-quality sensor which tells you on the display when to change the oil?
why they make people insecure with their choice?
and why do they suddenly loose all interest in you, after you signed the papers?
I mean- not that I expect that they lick my toes for the rest of my life- but do I not deserve a little more attention after I bought a vehicle?
do I not deserve, that the sales guy- or somebody else explains, what is in the car, basic how to do and at least- what gas do I have to get? just simple basic things- like how to adjust the temperature on the touch screen, etc...- do I not deserve at least 10 more minutes attention?
or do I expect too much? Sadly- obviously, they all the same and if I want to buy a new vehicle, I have to go to a dealer...

all in all- a good buy and a disappointing dealer experiecne.

What are your experiences?

Old 05-06-2014, 08:39 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Go find the General Manager, or shoot an email off to them. Tell them the salesman went out of his way to blow you out the door and not go over the features with you. Also, remember....you WILL get a Chrysler survey or even 2 surveys. DO NOT submit your survey to the dealer. Be honest in your survey. They live by those things especially in sales. If you have another dealer in the area go there.

If you should have any questions, there are Charger specific forums on the net OR we can help you here. At last count, I believe we have 7 or 8 Chrysler techs on the member roster.

Last edited by TNtech; 05-06-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:17 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

i have bought only two new chrysler products. it didnt take long i figured out when you buy a chrysler new ITS YOURS!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2014, 02:08 PM
chris65
Rookie

thanks for the input....- we already went to the dealer 50 miles away because of similar issues. the one around the corner showed us the carfax of the first charger we bought and it was a carfax- but not from this car- hey- when you excited, you trust and don't look at the VIN. after 2 years I found out, it had an accident. Hey- it's ok- would not had been a deal breaker- was repaired very well- but don't lie to me!
as I looked for my truck, the dealer had one and I checked it- and he tried the same crap with me again- but this time I was prepared- I just got up and left and bought somewhere else.
that was the reason, why we said- if you can't be honest with a used car, you don't need our business with a new one.
The whole family drives dodge and every one of them tries to avoid to the dealers around here as good as possible because of similar issues.
guess the next car I wanna buy, I try to buy over the internet directly.

about the work quality I haven't even started....- it is frustrating.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:16 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator

I buy from Carmax. Dealers just want to make a sale. I can be in and out of Carmax in an hour. Last time I bought a new vehicle (07 Nissan), we were at the dealer for almost 8 hours.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:15 PM
chris65
Rookie

so- the survey is filled out...- they know now that it took us 5 hours to buy this car and 1 minute to give it to us with all stuff in between.

guess the dealer will call me...
the best question was, why I was not buying from dealer 2- answer:

betrayed us as we bought the charger by showing me the carfax from a white charger- but not from the one we bought, and tried the same as I wanted to buy the RAM.

I wish things would change and the people would be honest like years ago, as a hand shake was a case of honor...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer Experience?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: