Seeking advice for snow country - Page 2 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Seeking advice for snow country

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Seeking advice for snow country

Old 12-12-2017, 08:07 AM
airbornedoc
Amateur

I thought about that smokesxt. I've had a few 4 door hemi RAMs with 4 X 4 over the years and loved them. Wouldn't have any other truck. My concern is the lack of weight in the rear makes it easier to slide although I've put logs in the bed for added weight before. The problem there is if you start sliding the extra weight propels you more.

But I do love a RAM. You've given me something more to consider.

Airbornedoc

Old 12-12-2017, 12:30 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by airbornedoc View Post
I thought about that smokesxt. I've had a few 4 door hemi RAMs with 4 X 4 over the years and loved them. Wouldn't have any other truck. My concern is the lack of weight in the rear makes it easier to slide although I've put logs in the bed for added weight before. The problem there is if you start sliding the extra weight propels you more.

But I do love a RAM. You've given me something more to consider.

Airbornedoc
A few sandbags solves the weight issue. Likewise, if the roads are bad enough you are sliding, you should be in 4wd, so the lack of rear weight isn't an issue.
The added weight helps in the snow as it aids in giving more traction.

You would be quite surprised if you actually looked up the weights of the vehicles you're considering. They are all firmly in the 4500-5500lb range, including the Ram.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: