Advice on Selling Charger with History - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Advice on Selling Charger with History

Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Advice on Selling Charger with History

Old 06-13-2018, 12:43 PM
Bebop89
Default Advice on Selling Charger with History

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forum but would your thoughts and advice!

So When I bought my Charger sxt in Aug 2017, and me having the ****ty luck that I do, I got into an accident 4 days later. It happened while I was commuting; A truck suddenly stopped and I tried to swerve out of the way but still hit him (Had about 100 miles on the odometer) and damaged my front bumper.

I got everything repaired by a reputable repair shop (recommended by my insurance company) and went on my way driving.

Fast forward to present day and I have about 10k on the odometer, and she's been running great!

The thing is I got a job overseas and will be leaving for the next 3 years. So I'm trying to sell and took it to a dealership who came back and told me they wont buy it because they pulled the Carfax and it had frame damage. This was news to me, and he showed me the Carfax, and sure enough it said "Structural damage reported"

I attached pictures to showing damage from accident and what they are classifying as the structural damage .

So here's the thing, keeping the car is not an option for me. KBB valued private sale price at 25K and Trade-in at 21K; However, I know I wont get 21k from a dealer, those who do buy will prob send it to auction or try to low ball me.

So If I sell private, and disclose everything that happened plus show them the picture, what do you guys think I should sell for? Or should I just sell to dealer and cut my losses?

Other than the accident and frame damage to front impact bar, the car mechanically runs great and still under warranty. Also, I've taken good care of it, so theres not really a lot of wear and tear on it.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by Bebop89; 06-13-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:40 PM
jkeaton
Site Super Moderator

Put an ad on craigslist and ask what you want. Go from there. Buyers will probably get the carfax themselves, so you won't be able to hide anything. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice on Selling Charger with History

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: