Why Have These Trucks Slipped from Everyone's Mind? - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Why Have These Trucks Slipped from Everyone's Mind?

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:13 PM
Curated Content Editor
Dodge Forum Editor
Default Why Have These Trucks Slipped from Everyone's Mind?

By Curated Content Editor

Folks naturally talk about whatever is shiny and new but that's no reason to forget about the vintage goodness.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:35 PM
Noelie84
Rookie

Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor View Post
By Curated Content Editor

Folks naturally talk about whatever is shiny and new but that's no reason to forget about the vintage goodness.
They've still got their devotees. I'm one of them; I love the lifestyle body trucks. I have a '69 D100 as well, which are even less common than the Lifestyle trucks, but also harder to find parts for and less comfortable to ride around in thanks to an I-beam front axle and leafs at all 4 corners
And a friend of mine restores/fixes/trades in them so he always has a rotating stock of 4-6 trucks sitting around in addition to his personal '75 daily driver.

They're not as common to see as the GM's and Fords of that vintage, probably because there were fewer produced in the first place and since Dodges could work a lot of the ones that were produced got worked to death. But they're still out there, and the ones that are in good shape are commanding some respectable prices on Craigslist and Ebay.

'84:

'69

Old 10-09-2018, 08:59 AM
Curated Content Editor
Dodge Forum Editor

Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
They've still got their devotees. I'm one of them; I love the lifestyle body trucks. I have a '69 D100 as well, which are even less common than the Lifestyle trucks, but also harder to find parts for and less comfortable to ride around in thanks to an I-beam front axle and leafs at all 4 corners
And a friend of mine restores/fixes/trades in them so he always has a rotating stock of 4-6 trucks sitting around in addition to his personal '75 daily driver.

They're not as common to see as the GM's and Fords of that vintage, probably because there were fewer produced in the first place and since Dodges could work a lot of the ones that were produced got worked to death. But they're still out there, and the ones that are in good shape are commanding some respectable prices on Craigslist and Ebay.

'84:

'69
That D100 looks so rad! Congrats!

Old 10-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Noelie84
Rookie

Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor View Post
That D100 looks so rad! Congrats!
Thanks! I'll try to get a few photos of my buddy's current collection the next time I'm over there. He's got a bunch of the 70's & 80's trucks in various states of repair.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why Have These Trucks Slipped from Everyone's Mind?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: