attorney looking for some help. . . - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

attorney looking for some help. . .

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

attorney looking for some help. . .

Old 01-19-2019, 10:15 PM
Babe1933
Default attorney looking for some help. . .

(*I am an Attorney asking some basic mechanical questions on behalf of a client.)

If a mechanic were to do a “break system fluid exchange” on a 1995 DODGE RAM 2500 5.9L truck, what break fluid would be used? Would the break fluid later seperate (i.e; clear fluid on top, dark on bottom?) On this bill that my client recieved from a mechanic it shows one of the services to read as follows:
‘Break System Fluid Exchange Service Descript-ion:’ SYNTHETIC BREAK FLUID ($ 30.30)
DISPOSAL FEE ( $ 3.98)
The MASTER CYLINDER will no longer seal, it cannot be closed due to SWELLING of the rubber. Can anyone here provide me with thoughtful examples of how and why this would happen?

* also, can this particular vehicle take Coolant “G05 ALL MAKES” in the cooling system? The Bill shows:

COOLING SYSTEM EXCHANGE:
- Cooling service kit - GLYCOL: 1 @ $27.73
- Disposal Fee : 1 @ $0.55
- Coolant G05 All Makes 2 @ $16.34 = ($32.68)
- Disposal Fee : 2 @ $4.98 = ($9.96)
If i am interpreting the information correctly from ALLDATA, then it appears as though they didnt add appropriate fluid levels?

(The negligence and fraud runs deep thru out this repair bill, equaling nearly $6k)

Old 01-20-2019, 10:02 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

The shop should have the correct brake fluid on the shelf. Typically, DOT 3, or DOT 4. For a full flush, it can take several quarts of fluid. The way I do it, I drain the master cylinder first, top if off with fresh fluid, then bleed the brakes (standard procedure) until the fluid runs clean. It's actually a fairly simple procedure.

As for the coolant, that G05 stuff is yellow. Wrong fluid for that year truck. (should be the green stuff.) Mixing them is not recommended. (as it tends to gel, and then your motor overheats.) They likely did have the correct quantity, provided it wasn't pre-mixed. If it was, then they left a couple gallons of the original coolant in there, bad things happen when you do that.

What did they do to the truck for 6K?? Did the guy get an engine rebuild as well?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: attorney looking for some help. . .

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: