I'm so sick of... - Page 2 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

I'm so sick of...

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

I'm so sick of...

Old 01-26-2006, 08:20 PM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Default RE: I'm so sick of...

im sick of being sick to. i havent been able to breathe through my nose since last friday. missed 3 days not including today.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:09 PM
hokiefan104
Record Breaker
Default i'd rather

do html than do sql, well maybe not

Old 01-27-2006, 03:57 PM
heR/Truck
All Star
Default RE: i'd rather

I hope you and your daughter feel better soon Mike.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:18 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

Sorry to hear that your not feeling well, Mike. I normally get a cold during autumn and I always have to go to the doctor to get a Z-pack because I get some kind of infection. Maybe you should try that. Another thing, when you start to get cold symptoms (like that tickeling feeling in the back of your throat or the other obvious symptoms) try Zicam Nasal Remedy immediately. This last time, I took it and I only had the really nasty stuff for two days, instead of weeks of it like I did before I tried this stuff. I hope you feel better, Mike, clean_sx, and anyone else who is sick.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:45 PM
MGDMike
Champion

Alright, not sure how to begin this but here it goes.. Took Madison (my daughter) to the eye Doc. and he sais she is 90% farsighted in her right eye and 10% in her left. So basically she can see stuff far away really well but her vision on things near her is horrible. We are going to get her some glasses as per the instructions from the Doctor.

We've really researched this guy really well and his specialty is child optometry so pretty much what he sais you can take it for the truth... However what he said after that is worse than having my guts torn out. The Doc wants us to come back to his office on the 10th of Feb to see if the glasses have improved her vision and strengthed the muscles in the eye, if there is no improvement then we need to proceed with surgery. SURGERY!! And what makes it harder to deal with is that the Doc. said he doesn't believe the glasses will work and surgery is more than likely the only solution to this!

For Christs sake she is 3 years old and doesn't deserve this to happen to her! I feel worse because she is so taking this better than me. She doesn't know really whats going on and it seems like she considers this some type of adventure...you gotta love innocence! I am so proud of her but this isn't fair for her. I'm gonna sign off now and try to relax. Take care folks.

Old 01-27-2006, 06:52 PM
deranged
Record Breaker

First of all Mike GET ANOTHER OPINION, MAYBE MORE THAN ONE! NEVER take one doctors opinion. Any doctor can be wrong! Ask about eye patches, excersizes any possibilities other than surgery. Just ask alot of questions. If all doctors are of the same opinion then act. If it means surgery then you have to go through with it. This is something that if not corrected early can become a permanent condition. I speak from personal family experience on this. I know it's hard to think about you're little one having surgery but if it comes to that believe me she'll bounce back in no time. I've got two boys and literally nearly had to be sedated when my oldest was about this same age and had tubes put in his ears. I just freaked out! Through the years though I soon realized that they're pretty durable. At her age she would soon forget about this. Just think about how busy she is right now and you'll realize that she has alot more important things going on in her life than to let this slow her down! Worry is a BAD thing buddy, don't let it eat at you!

Old 01-27-2006, 07:43 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

Deranged is correct that you should get another opinion. All doctors are human and can make mistakes. I'm sorry to hear this could happen. I know it is hard to go through this because you love your daughter and your naturally concerned that the worst will happen, but this isn't that unusual for young children to have surgery these days. My cousin had a son who had to have his lenses inside his eyes surgically removed when he was just a baby and six years later he is fine. He has to have thick glasses on 24/7, but things are okay. When I was three, I had to have my adnoids removed through surgery and I was just fine after that was done. I'll say some prayers that things go well for your daughter. It's going to be okay, Mike.

Old 01-28-2006, 05:20 AM
MGDMike
Champion

I appreciate the comments and suggestions...I really do. You fellas have some years ahead of me (I'm not saying your old and senile....well senile maybe) so I will heed your advive, but I'm 26, in college, working nights, doing the Navy Reserve thing and I'm just about wiped out. But your right, no need to worry myself sick over this; I'll just have my 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning and keep on plugging away. Medical science has come along way for the better; but I swear, if the glasses don't help and surgery comes up in the deck of cards here and the the surgeon messes up my daughters eyes I'm gonna punch the SOB so damn hard the M.D. in front of his name on his business card is gonna stand for Major Dislocation!

Old 01-28-2006, 07:28 AM
deranged
Record Breaker

Hey! I resemble that remark! I didn't mean to make you worry about the doctors. Just make sure everyone is on the same page as far as diagnosis and path for treatment. I think anyone doing eye surgery is going to have his $hit together. Also check into some kind of assistance if it comes to that. Don't be too proud to ask for help before things get financially or mentally crippling. That's alot to take on man. And remember you've got friends here to unload on when you need to!

Old 01-29-2006, 11:01 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

I went to college to just turn in an assignment and left today
Dang Mike! I thought you were in your 50's just until now when I looked at your profile! That Navy thing is very missleading! [&:]

Anyone else sharing my misery?
I'm rarely sick, probably since I refuse to take any medication when I am sick..

-Matt-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm so sick of...

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: