How much off roading can I do in my Dodge? - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

How much off roading can I do in my Dodge?

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

How much off roading can I do in my Dodge?

Old 01-28-2006, 05:30 AM
justint420
Rookie
Default How much off roading can I do in my Dodge?

The other guy who asked this question inspried me to ask it. How much off roading can I do? I have an 03 Ram 1500 4x4. Not the "off-road" package. I have goodyear SR-A 265/70/17s on there. Would like to go to a mud tire without lifting, whats the largest size you recommend?

Rate in terms of off-roading...

Old 01-30-2006, 04:28 AM
TA Jay
Default RE: How much off roading can I do in my Dodge?

good question......you only haveta wait 3 days for a response! lol

i say test it out. it does have 4x4 so ur in the clear to an extent. start with little mud and work ur way up. i got into sum thick mud and was able to drive thru it. test the waters and see. when in doubt, put the pedal to the floor [8D]

Old 03-02-2006, 05:34 AM
dannyac

When in doubt (dealing with mud), floor it through it. DO NOT STOP IN MUD, especially if you don't know how deep or sticky it is. If you stop or go too slow, you will get stuck.

Ask me how I know.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:09 PM
matsram
Professional

you could go to 35s, i did mine is an 03 1500 sport 4x4 it had the 20's on it but i got some good looking 17x9 rims with 35's mounted on them i did put two turns on my torsion bars just level it out but they fit with out doing that if you like.

Old 03-21-2006, 04:55 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

ORIGINAL: matsram

you could go to 35s, i did mine is an 03 1500 sport 4x4 it had the 20's on it but i got some good looking 17x9 rims with 35's mounted on them i did put two turns on my torsion bars just level it out but they fit with out doing that if you like.
Coming from the 3RD GEN dodge forum, I'd have to say that I find it VERY difficult to believe that 2 turns on the torsion bars made that much difference. From all the guys who have done it, myself included... It took at least 6 full turns to get the front level with the back. The rear wheel wells are 40" from the ground, stock. And the front wheel wells are 37" from the ground, stock. I did 6 turns on my torsion bars and got the front up to 39" a 2" lift in the front. I actually feel that the handling and ride quality has improved. Just remember to always get your front end aligned any time you make changes. 35" will fit with a 2" lift up front, but without cranking the torsion bars, I would say play it safe and get some 33"s or else you'll probably have rubbing issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much off roading can I do in my Dodge?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: