Sore loser? - Page 4 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Sore loser?

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Sore loser?

Old 08-17-2004, 03:29 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Default RE: Sore loser?

ok..so say the vette gave up, then hes just a *****. it doesnt matter how big of a burnout your car will do in a parking lot..if you dont have the ***** go run full out, then you might as well be in a pinto. it could have also been that the vette just ran out of motor...either way...the viper walked...spray or not..

and that mustang...pulling a ricer flyby...

Old 08-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Raxstone
Rookie

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

ok..so say the vette gave up, then hes just a *****. it doesnt matter how big of a burnout your car will do in a parking lot..if you dont have the ***** go run full out, then you might as well be in a pinto. it could have also been that the vette just ran out of motor...either way...the viper walked...spray or not..

and that mustang...pulling a ricer flyby...
All those posts, and yet here you just don't make sense! How is it that the Mustang is pulling a ricer flyby, but the Viper is walking? They both did the same thing, just the Viper did it first -- by your own claim, that means the Viper did a ricer flyby. I've said it before, I'll say it again. In a street race with cars that are that fast, it's the first one off the line that is going to win 9 times out of 10. Doing a flyby later proves nothing, whether the flyby is in a Viper or a Honda. Secondly, just because someone doesn't care to do 200mph on a public road doesn't make them a *****. Some people actually race smart. If you watch the video objectively, you might even wonder if, perhaps, that vette had just been recently built -- so of course the owner is going to take it easy. It also seems the two owners are at least acquaintances, if not friends. Chances are they were just playing around with a fresh build up that hasn't even been fully tuned yet. For all you know they might have set an agreed limit -- start at 50mph, first to hit 150mph wins. As I mentioned in my first post -- YOU CANNOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS BASED ON THAT VIDEO. It only shows two darn nice cars accelerating hard from a roll. Beyond that, everything else is an assumption. Quit being so prejudiced and snobbish. The Viper did not walk by the Vette. Can it walk by that Vette? Maybe. Then again, maybe that Vette would walk by that Viper. Only a true 1/4 mile race will ever prove it one way or the other.

Old 08-17-2004, 03:51 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

n-e-w-b-i-e.....

anyway.if youre "breaking in an engine.." then you dont run it to 150mph...

while im sure you "drive a 2005 Limited edition C6 vette blown and stoked and so on"...but out of curiosity...what do you drive..eh?

generally...on these videos...they get posted somewhere..and someone posts.."i know these guys..and they have this and this done"...so thats what we have to go by..

Old 08-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Raxstone
Rookie

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

n-e-w-b-i-e.....

anyway.if youre "breaking in an engine.." then you dont run it to 150mph...

while im sure you "drive a 2005 Limited edition C6 vette blown and stoked and so on"...but out of curiosity...what do you drive..eh?

generally...on these videos...they get posted somewhere..and someone posts.."i know these guys..and they have this and this done"...so thats what we have to go by..
A lot of posts don't make you wise.

Anyway, reading skills are applicable when you are on a forum. I did NOT state that he was breaking in a new motor. I did NOT state that he was in fact hitting 150mph. Those were both just 'what ifs'. What I DID state is that we DO NOT know the whole situation. I don't care who knows who, in the video, the vette shut down before the viper passed. Was the viper gaining? We don't know. Was the vette pulling away? We don't know. For all we know (see, another 'what if') the Viper might have shut down at the same time, and yet passed the Vette (which means of course that the Viper would have been gaining). All in all, it doesn't matter. Both cars would kick butt on the street or on the track. Until they are at the track, we'll just have to imagine which is quicker based on our own biases. For me, there is no bias -- I honestly do not know which would be quicker. For you, apparently, there is a huge bias -- the Viper 'clearly' walked away from the Vette.

What do I drive? What, you expect me to lie? You think I'm going to make some sickly wild claim like I drive a Saleen S7? How about a modded Lightning? Nope, nope, none of that. I don't make wild claims, I make factual, unbiased claims. I have a 94 Caprice which is very nearly stock. As I already mentioned though, I'm looking at the new Charger SRT-8 or Magnum SRT-8 or final choice the 300C SRT-8. In the meantime, I may build the LT1's bottom end, put an appropriate cam and heads on and then an ATI S/C -- with of course all the supporting mods. A daily driven 500rwhp shouldn't be a problem if I decide to do it. This all depends on how long Dodge drags its feet in getting the Charger out -- I'd rather spend my mod money on a newer car. Oops, geez -- I just gave you ammo. I can see your next post now! "See everyone, he drives a chevy! I knew he was stupidly defending the vette just because it was a GM". As I said though, I'm not defending either vehicle. Just the fact that we don't know the truth -- other than the truth is NOT that the viper walked away from the Vette.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:07 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

well...if you go to an LS1 site...im sure its the exact opposite..
"the vetter wasnt trying..."
or
"he started in 4th gear"

so on..but it doesnt matter...as previously stated,,,im NOT a big anti-gm guy...im anti ford. i would prefer to have that viper...but id gladly have the vette. all im saying is that if youre gonna film a run, and one car drives away, he wins..whether the other car gave up or not...he still lost..ya know?

in the new members section there are a few pics of a very nice caprice blown..something like 750hp.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:26 PM
moparturd
Banned

I'm anti-GM.

GM POOPY

The vette was doing all it could do, but it was funny that the Viper finally shot by like that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sore loser?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: