Fastest You've Ever Sold a Car? - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Fastest You've Ever Sold a Car?

Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Fastest You've Ever Sold a Car?

Old 05-12-2006, 02:19 PM
2004sxt
Veteran
Default Fastest You've Ever Sold a Car?

Thread subject speaks for itself. I'm trying to sell my Neon right now and it's day three and it seems like it's taking forever! Any tips for people who sold cars quickly?

Old 05-12-2006, 02:25 PM
DodgeRam318_4bbl
Record Breaker
Default RE: Fastest You've Ever Sold a Car?

We sold our 1995 Cherokee (which was a mistake) in 1998. It was sold two days after the sign was put in the window. The guy who bought it was one of my Dad's drivers, and one week after he bought it, he fell asleep while driving it, rolled it five times, and totaled it. He also broke his right arm, which kept him from working since all of the trucks were stick shifts.

Just advertise it. Keep a sign in the window at all times and post an ad in the paper and on the web somewhere like AutoTrader.com.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:42 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: 2004sxt

Thread subject speaks for itself. I'm trying to sell my Neon right now and it's day three and it seems like it's taking forever! Any tips for people who sold cars quickly?
1. CLEAN IT!!!!!! Keeping your car/truck clean is crucial to a quick sale. A quick trip down and get it detailed/washed for like $40 is a great idea. Or do it yourself. I usually let the shop do it so I dont have to.

2. Get signs posted on the car. Carry something with you to work and post it up on the board in the break room and ask a few of your friends to do the same. Get a cheap ad in the paper or in the trader. I'd even consider eBaY or DF as well.

3. Take pictures. If you have a nice looking car, pictures help. People want to see what it is you are selling. The fine line might be an interior color or what kind of options you have. People want to see it.

4. Offer a CarFax report on it. This helps alot as people trust CarFax. The more they can see/know about your car, the better.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:39 PM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain

Fastest would have to be my 96 Bonneville SSEi. Even sitting there with 180k, a flat tire and blown engine, it sold the first day it was in paper. Makes me think 500 bucks wasn't enough.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:34 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Having receipts for the oil changes, tune ups, etc. will let the potential buyer know it's been taken care of............

Dusty

Old 05-13-2006, 12:50 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

the supercharger sold that bonneville more then the car did.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fastest You've Ever Sold a Car?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: