Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

New Police Car

Old 06-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Default RE: New Police Car

when i was in texas every cop car i spotted was an impalla

Old 06-16-2006, 06:21 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 1994shadowman

Well yesterday i was driving past the police station and I caught a glimpse of the towns new police car. It is a brand new Chevy Impala with the V8(im guessing on the V8). It didnt have any graphics on it yet but it had a light bar on the roof. Also in Platteville (a town right next to ours) they already have a new Dodge Charger police car. I am glad our town got the Impala because there are too many Crown Vics and the Impala will stick out even better in traffic. Anyone else got a new cop car in their town?
I guarantee it is not a V8. They are only offering the 3.9L V6 in the police package for now. The only package they sell to the police is the LTZ package and that has the 3.9L V6. I think they were having some kind of problems with the V8.

Actually DevilsReject, the Impala SS is getting worse fuel mileage than the Charger. I know what the EPA says but they are extremely inaccurate and have been for years. Let me give you some examples from Road and Track. The Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Pontiacs version of the Impala SS) got 15.8 mpg. The Charger R/T they tested in 1/06 they got 18.0 mpg, the 300C got 18.3 mpg, the 300C SRT8 got 16.0. They got better mileage with a HEMI that didn't have MDS than they did with the GM Displacement-on-Demand. I have read other magazines getting similar results with the SRT's mileage in comparison to the SS and GXP, but it has been consistent been much better with the MDS 5.7L vs. the GM 5.3 DOD system with all the articles I have read.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:15 PM
1994shadowman
Captain

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

I guarantee it is not a V8. They are only offering the 3.9L V6 in the police package for now. The only package they sell to the police is the LTZ package and that has the 3.9L V6. I think they were having some kind of problems with the V8.
Like i said i was guessing. But anyway how much power does that 3.9 put out compared to the V8. Cause i know the V8 makes 303 so what does the V6 make?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Police Car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: