Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

New Police Car

Old 06-13-2006, 01:22 PM
1994shadowman
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Police Car

Well yesterday i was driving past the police station and I caught a glimpse of the towns new police car. It is a brand new Chevy Impala with the V8(im guessing on the V8). It didnt have any graphics on it yet but it had a light bar on the roof. Also in Platteville (a town right next to ours) they already have a new Dodge Charger police car. I am glad our town got the Impala because there are too many Crown Vics and the Impala will stick out even better in traffic. Anyone else got a new cop car in their town?

Old 06-13-2006, 01:27 PM
whoosh
Champion
Default RE: New Police Car

I've seen a few Chargers and an Imp..

Old 06-13-2006, 01:31 PM
73roadrunner
Captain

My town just took delieverly of two Chargers that they outfitted with low profile LED bars and no graphics, very very hard to spot! The town next door got two also but theirs are getting all decked out with the push bar huge light package and more decals then the catalog offers! When I catch them out I'll snap some picks, my town plans on putting them in service this week and the others are looking at 3 to 4 weeks for the light and radio install!

Old 06-13-2006, 01:34 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Who buys a V8 Impala, when there's the V8 Charger or Magnum? Wtf

Old 06-13-2006, 01:51 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Who buys a V8 Impala, when there's the V8 Charger or Magnum? Wtf
Not everyone wants the big sedan though Matt. Not to mention, the V8 Impala is pretty good on gas....upwards of 28-31mpg. Also, you can get the SS for about 26k brand new....you cant get the Magnum, Charger, or 300C for less then 29k brand new. I'm going off Edmunds head to head....

Personally, I dont like the styling of the Impala, but they are roomy and have plenty of pep considering its a FWD V8. It's actually not a bad car. The styling still sucks tho...

Old 06-13-2006, 02:08 PM
SeXyinTrepid
Professional

Carlsbad just recently took some of their newer crown vics and repainted (or are they decals) them. Which looks kinda silly now, because there's only like 3 or 4 cruisers done up like that... the rest are still the old paint scheme.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:26 PM
CoyoteRoede
All Star

derrick they get the cars for cheaper than that. the dealerships go really low (below msrp so that they get a tax deduction) we just got a 2006 expedition for the pd that i work at and we got it dirt cheap. state bids are a wonderful thing.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:15 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: CoyoteRoede

derrick they get the cars for cheaper than that. the dealerships go really low (below msrp so that they get a tax deduction) we just got a 2006 expedition for the pd that i work at and we got it dirt cheap. state bids are a wonderful thing.
I know that....but he was asking who in the hell buys a V8 Impala....I simply explained it to him.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:14 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

It seems to me that Vancouver has been loading up on Impalas lately. So I'm going to assume that they are going to be the car of choice around here for at least ten years.

I've driven an Impala SS last week. The lady I work with owns one and it rides/drives like a dream. That's the one thing that I remember about GMs cars for the most part. Nice cars fo sho....

I'd like to see the Charger R/T become a cop car here, but I think that since they're so new, a lot of PD's won't be picking up any until they're contracts with Ford clears.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:56 AM
DODGESPIRT1993
Professional

My cops around here use Ford LTDs and Crown Victorias.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Police Car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: