Your first car accident - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Your first car accident

Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Your first car accident

Old 09-12-2006, 07:24 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default Your first car accident

Statistics say most of us will be involved in a car accident, so let hear your experiences of the idiots out there (or the time you were the moron)

Here was mine, where I learned how much less traction you have in the rain:

luckily my spare tire fit on inside the wheel well, my idler arm was bent like a pretzed and pushed my tire back against the wheel well
I also forgot to draw the angry old farmer who was cussing at me for driving through his yard, lol

Old 09-12-2006, 07:46 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Default RE: Your first car accident

Had my dads 1997 dodge ram. Pulled away from the gas pumps after filling up and a stratus came flying from the side of the gas station, i stopped (and had the right-a-way) , he didnt, he wasnt paying attention at all, hit me in front of the passenger side tire and ended up sideways about 20 ft. away (it was very icy). Poor kid. Messed up his car pretty good, while all it did to my dad's truck was dent in the bumper a little bit. Oh and nobody was hurt at all, heck i barley felt it, he had to have almost missed me...almost....

Another one was in my buddies Monte Carlo SS Dale E. edition. Icy out. Had to stop suddenly at a stoplight and got rear-ended by a Late 80's Power Ram. Funny thing was there was more damage to his truck than the Monte, but it was a hell of a jolt.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:59 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i was coming home from a high state playoffs football game. the month before i got a ticket for running a red light so i stopped for a yellow/red and some guy rear ended me. did like 900 dollars of damage to my dads intrepid. o well.

that is my only formal accident but i have many stories that i consider incidents.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:29 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

Since my driving is error free, ive never been in an accident which i was really involved in. One time i was sitting in the mirada at a stop light, and some woman approaching "didnt realize that i was stopped", and she slammed into the back of the car...

Old 09-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

3 wrecks, never at fault... Two stupid drivers pulled out in front of me and got tickets and one freak spin out!

1ST WRECK - https://dodgeforum.com/fb.asp?m=506221
2ND WRECK - https://dodgeforum.com/m_170712/tm.htm
3RD WRECK - https://dodgeforum.com/m_557866/tm.htm
HAPPENED YESTERDAY!

Old 09-12-2006, 10:02 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Yup, the auto industry says we all will be involved in at least one auto accident in our lives on the average. My first and worst was when I was 19 and living in Houston. On a rainy day I was just going down the road, doing the speed limit, when an old woman in a caddy pulls out from a side street in front of me. I hit the brakes at the same time I hit a big puddle of water and the car went spinning into some metal trash cans, a telephone pole, and bounced back onto the median facing the direction I had come from. No one stopped or slowed down. My head broke the driver's side window. I walked to a fire station on the corner and called my parents in San Antonio. The FD gave me a ride to the hospital where the x-rays showed how thick headed I really am!!!!!

Dusty

Old 09-12-2006, 10:20 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

Yup, the auto industry says we all will be involved in at least one auto accident in our lives on the average. My first and worst was when I was 19 and living in Houston. On a rainy day I was just going down the road, doing the speed limit, when an old woman in a caddy pulls out from a side street in front of me. I hit the brakes at the same time I hit a big puddle of water and the car went spinning into some metal trash cans, a telephone pole, and bounced back onto the median facing the direction I had come from. No one stopped or slowed down. My head broke the driver's side window. I walked to a fire station on the corner and called my parents in San Antonio. The FD gave me a ride to the hospital where the x-rays showed how thick headed I really am!!!!!

Dusty

drivers like this really **** me off!!!

oh yes, i have had many 'incidents' as well. never recieved a citation for any incident i have ever been in though. really i guess you could consider my grass-sledding an 'incident' as well

i have bad luck in the rain. i once skidded into the back of another car in the rain, was paying more attn to the kid than where i was going and OOPS!!!. i barely hit her car, had slowed down to maybe 5mph before impact. however the lady's husband later called me insisting i blew his motor. my insurance agent said he was a real work of art.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:36 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

While I've been in several cars that were in accidents...(both intentional and accidental ) My first accident came when I moved back to Indiana from Texas.....

I had never even so much as been pulled over for a warning in a little over a year in Texas.....but I'm in Indiana not even a month and get smacked into in my Mom's Ford Tempo.

It was raining slightly and I was trying to pull out of a parking lot to get into the left hand turn lane....I was making a right hand turn. Traffic is literally stopped all the way up to the entrance of where I'm sitting and both the inner lane and outer lane of traffic had stopped to let me out.....well some bonehead woman slammed into me as I pulled out. The two things that pissed me off were the fact she wasnt wearing her glasses.....and had she not hit me....she only had 6 ft of travel space before she slammed into the person in front of her......so either way she would have hit someone.

I wound up getting charged with the at fault accident....did $3500 worth of damage to my mom's car....

The black outlines are the cars and how they sat....the blue is me and me pulling forward.....and the green is the dumb b***h that hit me...

[IMG]local://upfiles/19085/6CD9C55AAFAF4D1D811ACEAE9A927E87.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Dodge_Ram_3500
Veteran

I've been in an incident with my mom driving once. She had picked me up from a Vol. Fire meeting I was at, it was snowing quite a bit, the road was covered, and needless to say mom was anything but impressed to come get me. So she shows up, we leave to go home, we get about half away untill we meet a snowplow storming our way, mom musta been a little nervous, so she gave it a bunch of room, and the right side tires of the van went on the shoulder of the road. When the plow passed, she went to pull back out, and the van does a power slide, then eventually a 360 before skidding into someones driveway (we were lucky we landed in a little, narrow driveway, instead of the ditch) Its amazing what a long wheel base Venture can do.

Old 09-13-2006, 05:44 AM
GrnRamLvr
Veteran

my first one was a week after i got my licence...this guy that was drunk and high hit me head on in town, i flew into the stearing wheel, the girl in the back broke the seat belt and flew into the passenger seat. and the girl who was in the passenger seat hit her head on the dash board. my second one i was with a friend, it was her fault...she was doin 50 in a 30 while the road was wet and she ate the *** end of the truck in front of us..my head hit the windsheild while my leg hit the dash board. i blacked out for like a minute, that was my first ride in an abulance. they kept me almost all night. then my third one was with my ex-husband, this guy was fighting with his girlfriend and ran the red light and hit his drivers side door. again i hit my head on the passenger side window and the glass that broke on the drivers window i got alittle piece in my eye. luckly none of them was my fault lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your first car accident

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: