Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Something for Steelers fans

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Something for Steelers fans

Old 11-08-2006, 03:55 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Something for Steelers fans

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

but i cant see how the careless driving on her part, and almost killing someone, is deemed to be ok (msotly by people who hate the steelers...which is an odd coincidence) just because he didnt have a piece of paper issues by the state saying that it was ok for him to ride a motorcycle that HE owns...it wasnt like he was doing anything else wrong, shy of not being properly licensed.

so, youre saying that had he even had his learners permit, it would have been completely her fault, and you would have been deeply compassionate for his injuries?

id bet my soul that if this had been peyton, or whoever the bucs QB is today, you guys would be singing a WHOLE different tune
Actually, this has ZERO to do with him being a Steelers player. In fact, I've said the exact same thing about moronic Kellen Winslow Jr. But, I'll explain it.....

It's his fault because he shouldnt have been on the ROAD AT ALL! Fact is, he's a fairly new rider, wasnt following any of the state's laws, and in the process...caused an accident. Had he been following the laws regarding motorcycles....then I would back him 100%. Since he wasnt, I have to fault him....because by him not following the rules...he could have hurt someone other then himself. More to the point, what if he had hit a kid or something?

My problem is this.... he knowingly got on a bike knowing he wasnt licensed to ride it....and drove around town... its like kids who go for a joyride in a car and cause an accident....I dont care if they're at fault or not.... they shouldnt have been on the road to begin with....therefore are AUTOMATICALLY at fault. I feel the same way about DUI/DWI accidents and idiots ridin around on suspended licenses.....

Old 11-08-2006, 03:59 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

but, he didnt cause the accident...he is an experienced rider, and his PA permit had expired...

Old 11-09-2006, 01:26 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

After they play the Browns they will be the proud owner of the cellar
i concurr. lol.
i was at the chargers/browns game on sunday. field level, 30 yard line. browns were keeping up. and yes, the chargers were trying in the first half. the problem with the browns is that frye cant hold onto the ball. dennis northcutt is a great player as well as kellen winslow. did you see the 81 yrd return from northcutt? that put a bullet through all the bolts fans., but i was cheering his *** on! other than that, the browns are a great team. the players on the browns are huge. the smalles browns player is biger than the chargers' biggest. if breowns had a better coach, they would be the next chargers. by that i mean they will work their way up towards the top. by all means, not a one hitter quitter team. i was born in san diego, at 4months, moved to cleveland, at 16 (2 1/2 yrs ago) i came back to san diego. i love both teams. so im telling you the cold hard truth about both teams that day being a huge fan of both.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:13 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

but, he didnt cause the accident...he is an experienced rider, and his PA permit had expired...
Then he should have known better to be driving the bike.....as his permit was expired.....and more to the point....he wasnt wearing a helmet which his permit REQUIRED....

Point blank.....by him riding a motorcycle illegally without the proper documentation....he caused an accident...even if it wasnt his fault.

Let me put it in another light....

I'm a DUI convicted person....I'm out driving around with no license....but yet I know the laws of the road....minding my business....and WHAM I get hit by someone.....guess what...it should be 100% my fault....why? Because I shouldnt have been driving in the first place.....

Old 11-09-2006, 03:05 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i think that expired is different from someone who has their license revoked...

also, there isnt a helmet law in pa...

Old 11-09-2006, 03:13 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

i think that expired is different from someone who has their license revoked...

also, there isnt a helmet law in pa...
Expired/revoked = no currently active license.....even though I would be willing to cut slack on expired to a certain degree...

Go read the helmet law for PA...it requires all permit riders to wear one...its only fully licensed riders that arent required to wear one

Old 11-09-2006, 03:35 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

that doesnt mean much though. i read statistics a while back (late 90s) about how a huge percentage of bikers in PA dont have their license..only their permit...and they just keep renewing it. tack onto that, the fact that there is no way for a cop to look at a rider and tell if he has his license, permit, or nothing...and that amounts to ALOT of people in PA who ride without one, and i know more bikers who ride without helmets than i do bikers who ride with them...

one of my friends back home had a relative (an uncle i think) who owned a harley shop, and something like half of the "old-school" riders that came in didnt bother with a license...

Old 11-09-2006, 04:45 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

and derrick, surely you have to be kidding...so now its ok for people to cause accidents because the person on the bike properly licensed?
I've been on the other end of the stick.....had a guy who didnt have a valid license smack my car and flee the scene.....and since I was able to get a plate number the state deemed it proper info transfer.... I was pretty pissed...because the guy had no right to be behind the wheel of the car....and I still to this day believe he fled the scene because he had been drinking....
I had a friend of mine ran off the road by a drunk driver. She had no business being on the road since she was convicted 7 times in the past 11 years of DUI's. He now has slight brain damage in his right upper lobe. His seat belt snapped in half on impact (Damn Fords) from a tree. Not only is he fighting with the occasional seizures, but now brain cancer. They found a tumor on his brain right around the damaged area.

I know how you feel Derrick.

Talk at you later.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:33 AM
Daddywags
Record Breaker

Well the Steelers can't be the best in the AFC North every year. Eventually a few blind squirrels will get a nut here and there. The Browns will soon be as good as the Bengals, because after sucking as bad as they have for so many years and getting first rounder after first rounder, your team is bound to be good. The Steelers always get the bottom feeders and still seem to be in the playoffs year after year. Don't count them out yet, if they win out they still have a shot.

BTW I don't blame Ben for the Steelers bad games. Cowher should have never let him play in the first place. But you got to hand it to Ben, the guy almost dies in a car/bike collision, has an emergency appendectimy(sp?) and a concussion and still comes back every week. Carson only ripped one little ligament. What a *****

Old 11-13-2006, 12:48 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: Daddywags

Well the Steelers can't be the best in the AFC North every year. Eventually a few blind squirrels will get a nut here and there. The Browns will soon be as good as the Bengals, because after sucking as bad as they have for so many years and getting first rounder after first rounder, your team is bound to be good. The Steelers always get the bottom feeders and still seem to be in the playoffs year after year. Don't count them out yet, if they win out they still have a shot.

BTW I don't blame Ben for the Steelers bad games. Cowher should have never let him play in the first place. But you got to hand it to Ben, the guy almost dies in a car/bike collision, has an emergency appendectimy(sp?) and a concussion and still comes back every week. Carson only ripped one little ligament. What a *****
treu dat! lol. browns are gonna have to be good sooner or later. their time has come. and the steelers' time is slipping away. what killed the browns was the move to baltimore back in 1998, or was it 1999? well, either or. anyways, that is what killed the browns. they were starting to get it together and then they got sold. we were without them for 3 years! we picked up some weak players but now we are starting to pull it together.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Something for Steelers fans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: