Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

New Job! Well kinda.....

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

New Job! Well kinda.....

Old 11-13-2006, 04:01 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Job! Well kinda.....

As some of you know I do indeed work for mother mopar. My actual plant is warren truck assy. For the past 8 mos I have been bouncing in and out of the "job bank" program. Yesterday I just received a telegram, (because a phone call would make too much sense!) to report to sterling heights assy on Tuesday. I'm excited to have a job, but a bit nervous of starting over again. This will be the 4th plant in my 7 year career with dc. So please get your sebring/avenger orders in!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Old 11-13-2006, 04:04 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Default RE: New Job! Well kinda.....

hehe congrats...and sry but we just brought a Sebring...sry lol but congrats man

Old 11-13-2006, 04:32 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

Congrats Joe!

Old 11-13-2006, 05:26 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

congrats and when my lease on the jeep is up i will probably be supporting your *** and job. when u see my order put i little extra care into it

Old 11-13-2006, 05:42 AM
GreyGhost
All Star

ORIGINAL: jgralka

As some of you know I do indeed work for mother mopar. My actual plant is warren truck assy. For the past 8 mos I have been bouncing in and out of the "job bank" program. Yesterday I just received a telegram, (because a phone call would make too much sense!) to report to sterling heights assy on Tuesday. I'm excited to have a job, but a bit nervous of starting over again. This will be the 4th plant in my 7 year career with dc. So please get your sebring/avenger orders in!!!!!!!!!

Joe
Nice! Sounds like job security up there is pretty secure with all of the plants close by. Which department at the plants do you work?

Old 11-13-2006, 01:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

congrats joe!

and this might sound like an odd and/or dumb question...but is there any way of knowing if you had a hand in building your own truck? i dont know exactly what you do...or if there is anyway of knowing..i was just curious.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:58 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Thanks guys! To answer the questions....

congrats and when my lease on the jeep is up i will probably be supporting your *** and job. when u see my order put i little extra care into it
Now if I did that, you would have nothing to gripe about!

Nice! Sounds like job security up there is pretty secure with all of the plants close by. Which department at the plants do you work?
Its better here, but not that great. But the plant numbers are on my side here. Thats one of the many reasons I chose not to go to the caliber plant. You get laid off there you are plum out of luck! In the Detroit area there are 7 plants, and about 6 parts depot centers.
I've worked at several different Dept's, I started in the metal shop, then paint, then trim, and lastly final. Paint was my fav.

and this might sound like an odd and/or dumb question...but is there any way of knowing if you had a hand in building your own truck? i don't know exactly what you do...or if there is anyway of knowing..i was just curious.
Yes I know it was built on second shift, so I'm most certain that I installed the glass run on the drivers door window. That was my job at the time I bought my truck. At the time we were having issues with the lower rear door seals, and we had to mark each door with the shift #. I left my grease pencil markings on my doors just because of it being my shift! So yea its pretty cool knowing I had a part in the truck I drive. Its really just a matter of pride.

I work for Chrysler, therefore I buy Chryslers!

Joe

Old 11-13-2006, 02:11 PM
MGDMike
Champion

Thats awsome man! Congrats! Keep on building bro!

Old 11-13-2006, 02:13 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

thats also cool that you helped build your own vehicle...[8D]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: