AvP.....(No SPOILERS) - Page 2 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

AvP.....(No SPOILERS)

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

AvP.....(No SPOILERS)

Old 08-16-2004, 01:49 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Default RE: AvP.....(No SPOILERS)

It seemed rather short to me as well, but it has a running time of 113 minutes. I also never got into the whole transforming pyramid, what was the purpose of that.[sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 08-16-2004, 09:12 PM
airbrat
Professional

I finally saw the movie and wasn't terribly disappointed. The "truce" actually follows the storyline of the comic (remember, the entire idea of AvP was based on a comic book). What was horrible was that last 2 min of the movie *cough*chestbuster*cough*

Old 08-16-2004, 09:19 PM
[email protected] Squ33

Yeah. I wanna know how in the hell he lived all the way through the movie with the alien inside him like that. And no, I've never read the comic.

Old 08-17-2004, 03:55 AM
RT_Driver
Professional

Lets not forget other Alien movies. I don't remember which one it was but Ripley had one in her for almost the entire movie. It finally popped out as she jumped into the molten metal at the prison. So it has happend before.

Old 08-17-2004, 03:57 AM
[email protected] Squ33

Yes, but Ripley was dead and oh...no wait...she's not dead....then she's dead again and then oh wait..no she's a clone........WHAT?

Sorry, if there is one character from the entire Alien / Predator universe I can not stand it's her character...so played out and overdrawn..she was good int he first 2...then after that...change it up...

Old 08-17-2004, 01:03 PM
sushi423
Veteran

I want my money back, i thought avp was going to be badass and i was greatly dissapointed.
Havent seen collateral... looks good.

Old 08-17-2004, 11:12 PM
[email protected] Squ33

I still haven't seen Collateral yet. I've been too busy lately.

Old 08-18-2004, 09:52 PM
SXTNNY
Captain

Man, I saw the movie last night and I still can't decide if I liked it or not. I hated the acting. I pretty much only liked Lance's performance. Of course I can't blame the actors 100%, the director has a lot to do with it. I find Paul Anderson to be hit or miss with his movies. The story from about three quarters to the end roughy follows the first Dark Horse mini-series. I don't like some of the "history" they wrote for the film. I thought that was a total crap cop-out. I am not a fan of the "new" Predator look. The new mandables don't look right to me. There was something about the CGI in this movie I didn't quite like either. Especially the parts at the end. IDK, just didn't look "right" to me. Again, I will have to see the movie again to really let it all sink in. Overall it's an OK movie. I do suggest seeing it. I've been a fan of AVP since I was little. I use to dream about this kind of movie. Always a fan of the Predator!

Old 08-19-2004, 12:50 AM
[email protected] Squ33

I remember hearing somewhere that the Alines were not CGI but actually puppets. I think I saw it on the making of it or something.

And I noticed something different about the Preadators but could't quite place it and now that you mention it they did look a bit off.

Old 08-19-2004, 02:28 AM
SXTNNY
Captain

Ya, well, the Aliens are a mix of CGI, rubber suit, and animatronics. I could REALLY tell the CGI in this movie. It's hard for me to put it into words...I just can't put my finger on what it was about them actually. The mandables stuck out further on the "old" Predator. These new ones look flatter and as if they don't close as much. I'm just going with the fact that all people look a bit different, so I guess they can too. I still don't like it though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AvP.....(No SPOILERS)

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: