This guy has a set - Page 5 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

This guy has a set

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

This guy has a set

Old 04-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Default RE: This guy has a set

i remember reading an article in a magazine a few months back stating that in states where citizens are legally allowed to carry concealed handguns, violent crime goes down, because you never know when the person you are trying to mug, will pull a gun on you and decide to fight back. and it showed that in most cases, simply brandishing a gun would diffuse the situation without even firing any shots. most crooks look for easy targets and only carry guns to feel tough. when their intended victim pulls one, they realize that its more trouble than its worth, and most of the time, will turn tail and run. they are only looking for a quick buck and dont really want to get into a gunfight, especially since half of them cant shoot worth a dern anyways, and the people that have concealed carry licenses have X number of hours worth of training to get the license, plus its very likely they have put in many more hours at the range.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Pirata
Champion

ORIGINAL: LAKOTA169

[IMG]local://upfiles/21107/1104F799CECD45628FD7A8F2C49424DD.jpg[/IMG]
How do you have your holster attached to your center console? I have a concealed carry permit and that seems like an easy access position.

There is a small raised section that looks like it might hold a small tissue pack. The holster is an IWB style with a clip on it. Just hooked the clip to the raised section. Tried it with a holster for my snub nose, but the gun kept sliding out of the holster (no restraining strap).
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into adding something like that on my ram.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:39 AM
sneaky
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Johndcjr1989

i remember reading an article in a magazine a few months back stating that in states where citizens are legally allowed to carry concealed handguns, violent crime goes down, because you never know when the person you are trying to mug, will pull a gun on you and decide to fight back. and it showed that in most cases, simply brandishing a gun would diffuse the situation without even firing any shots. most crooks look for easy targets and only carry guns to feel tough. when their intended victim pulls one, they realize that its more trouble than its worth, and most of the time, will turn tail and run. they are only looking for a quick buck and dont really want to get into a gunfight, especially since half of them cant shoot worth a dern anyways, and the people that have concealed carry licenses have X number of hours worth of training to get the license, plus its very likely they have put in many more hours at the range.
Quite a few muggers also use knives. Would you still try to rob someone if they pulled a handgun on you?I would away myself...lol. This one guy tried holding me up in the parking lot of the place I work at (with a knife). Security wound up having to call an ambulance for him.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Pirata
Champion

Your average criminal is dumb. Those that are smart are lawyers.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:45 PM
grinner
All Star

I wonder why he did that. He was home free. All he had to do was become invisible. Pulling up to the door alarmed mall security and I'm sure they wtached him strip down, walk through the store and make for the other exit. I'da chosen the garage and hung out in Sears for a few hours. Maybe he wanted the wonderful eggs they provide in the morning.

I didn't think cops pursued croth rockets anymore. I thought it was a no no in every city. It is in most, anyway.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

I totally agree with everything Pat said in this thread...

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: