Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Chevy getting new engine?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 PM
40intrepid
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chevy getting new engine?

Heard it on the web in a couple places that Chevy is getting a new NASCAR mill that will probably further cement their stranglehold on Cup racing.[:@]
Any word on wether Dodge and Ford can improve their engines?
Give Dodge the Hemi!!

Old 05-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Chevy getting new engine?

They already ran with the new engine.

Chevy happy with R07 engine: Chevy engineers are happy with the way the new R07 engines looked after racing last weekend at Texas. Five cars had the new engine, with #11-Denny Hamlin's ninth-place finish the best among them. One Hendrick Motorsports engine and four Joe Gibbs Racing engines were in cars for the event. None of them had a failure nor the fuel pump issues that had stymied some teams working with the new pump configuration. "Everything looked really good," said GM Racing's Jim Covey, who oversees the Chevy NASCAR engine development and has been in contact with the teams this week after they have examined the engines. Covey expects some teams to compete with the new engine at Richmond in a couple of weeks and expects several more to use it in the Nextel All-Star Challenge later in May. There is no specific date for all of the teams to use the new engine, which is expected to have more durability and slightly more horsepower.(SceneDaily.com)(4-22-2007)

Old 05-20-2007, 06:27 AM
traintrackker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chevy getting new engine?

As I tell my friends at work, NASCAR is nothing more than what I call the Hollywood Racing League (as everything isPR this and PR that like a Hollywood production)and there's nothing "stock" about it. Personally, I miss the good ole days when you could only run what was available on the street. I suspect that if that were the case, Dodge would have a better chance. traintrackker

Quick Reply: Chevy getting new engine?