Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

THIS IS FUNNY AS HELL, OR AT LEAST I THOUGHT SO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 07:43 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THIS IS FUNNY AS HELL, OR AT LEAST I THOUGHT SO!!!

you know this threads a few months old right guys...

Old 05-29-2005, 08:36 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

I knew, but wanted to respond. Dunno about Slackr.

-Matt-

Old 06-06-2005, 02:11 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Viper-GTS

That guy needs to get himself a better car with horsepower, NOS is just laughable.

-Matt-
I don't know, I think it's still the cheapest HP fix going. I haven't used it yet but I'm thinking about it, I think I could run 9's with a 200 shot.
Funny story though!
My best nitrous story is when I went to the stupid chevy show with my chevy bud and we were up by the starting line watching the PSCA cars run and this dude with a 600ci Chevy big block purged his 400hp nitrous system and did a burnout. But the car stalled and he forgot to turn the nitrous off and when he cranked it...BOOOOOOOM!!! He had an aluminum tunnell ram intake that blew off of the heads and was cracked in half and a Giant hole in the windshield and the hood was demolished.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:32 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A similar thing happened at a sport compact show/race I went to, the car was spraying and when he went to get his ticket he shut the car off, on the restart there was some nitrous still in the intake manifold blowing it apart sending a chunk of it through the hood and into the chest of one of the officials at the booth. He was OK, he just had a nasty burn and a sore chest from the burn and the impact.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:52 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

haha thats funny except for the guy, glad hes ok

Old 08-06-2005, 06:19 AM
bentwings

this one is not funny at all...

I experienced a similar thing back in the 70's when the injected FC were popular. They often ran with us Alcohol FC at shows.
I was standing near the staging area waiting for the Inj guys to run. They were starting a car and it didn't fire the first try so they hit it again with out backing the motor off and ..boom.. the entire top of the motor disentegrated. There was guy standing down from me directly out from the side of the inj car. He got hit with about a pound piece of metal in the upper arm/shoulder. In a heart beat he paniced and started running. I was closest to him and made a linebacker tackel trying to be as gentle as possible to a screaming scared s...less guy and got him down on the ground. He was bleeding so bad and screaming we didn't know where else he was hurt. there was blood everywhere. all of us were covered with it. We didn't have aids back then BTW. The medical guys finally got there and took him to the emergency. I guess it was like getting hit by grenade frags. I heard later that the chunk had cut an artery and he had some major surgery.
I guess the guy recovered ok but it sure was a scarry night.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:25 PM
SHAKNBAK

Classic!!! Wish I had seen that!

Old 11-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

Its funny
ORIGINAL: bentwings

this one is not funny at all...

I experienced a similar thing back in the 70's when the injected FC were popular. They often ran with us Alcohol FC at shows.
I was standing near the staging area waiting for the Inj guys to run. They were starting a car and it didn't fire the first try so they hit it again with out backing the motor off and ..boom.. the entire top of the motor disentegrated. There was guy standing down from me directly out from the side of the inj car. He got hit with about a pound piece of metal in the upper arm/shoulder. In a heart beat he paniced and started running. I was closest to him and made a linebacker tackel trying to be as gentle as possible to a screaming scared s...less guy and got him down on the ground. He was bleeding so bad and screaming we didn't know where else he was hurt. there was blood everywhere. all of us were covered with it. We didn't have aids back then BTW. The medical guys finally got there and took him to the emergency. I guess it was like getting hit by grenade frags. I heard later that the chunk had cut an artery and he had some major surgery.
I guess the guy recovered ok but it sure was a scarry night.

Dude thats pretty bad. I dont seem to understand why the little "throttle in the bottle" has gotten to be such a big accessery on some of the most riced out, un modded cars i see around here. Its like gold, old red wagon tires on low riders with hydros out here. I want to shoot myself seeing some of those... cuz it looks like they didnt have money for tires... so they stole some old wagon wheels.

Morons need somewhere to go aside from automobiles.

Funny story though! It is even better than when a kid pulled up to me in a civic with a fartcan and nos stickers all over his car, dissed my car, talked trash, then stalled the car when the light turned green on launch.

Morons + cars equals good times.

Morons + nos... make sure a cell phone is handy.

Quick Reply: THIS IS FUNNY AS HELL, OR AT LEAST I THOUGHT SO!!!