Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Drag raced the jeep today

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 03:50 AM
purdueranger
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag raced the jeep today

I kicked some butt today at the strip in my Grand cherokee. The Cherokee has the full time 4wd as well.

I ran a 15.834 at 86.03mph tonight at the local strip. The mods to the jeep is a mopar PCM, K&N CAI, and a Borla cat back. It also has the 5.2L in it. Now it it time to shoot for 14.9s.

I raced a Altama, V6 stang, and a Civic and won each time. My only 2 losses were agains a turbo charged 4wd Galant and a SS LS1 Camaro. My times tonight were very consistant with each other. They ranged from the 15.834 to a 15.93. One lane hooks awesome and the other one sucks.

Old 09-23-2004, 04:52 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Default RE: Drag raced the jeep today

Damn, thats some pretty good times. Nice.

Old 09-23-2004, 11:07 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a guy at Norwalk CC last weekend that had a Cherokee that was superchargered. It was running mid to low 15's. Word was that he was still ironing out the bugs. Pretty neat though.

Old 09-24-2004, 01:34 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i talked to that same guy...he had a banks intake and exhaust, with a powerforce (or somethign like that) blower. the engine was 40 over, dropped compression, stock tranny and rear case, with 391 gears, front drive disconnected. the inside of the engine was heavily built, because when he first dropped the hundred shot of Zex in, it melted clean through 2 pistons, and destroyed the engine. he carries the old head and the 2 pistons with him. for having so little done to the rest of the truck, other than the motor and boost, it really was cool. full interior and everything. he said when he blew the motor, it was his second run of the night. in the previous run, he ran a 13.70!! i only saw him run into the low 15s, but he said he didnt wanna blow the motor twice in one season, especially with the end of the year so close.

Old 09-24-2004, 04:09 AM
purdueranger
Veteran

I wanna run 14.9s N/A with no power adder. I think it can be done. Shift kit, better tires, intake, TB, headers, and 3" exhaust should put me in the 14s.

Old 09-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Vader
Champion

Great job, sounds like you are having some fun.

How are your reaction times and 60 times. Those are areas that I need to improve upon.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:47 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wanna run 14.9s N/A with no power adder. I think it can be done
You should be able to get that number without too much trouble. The biggest problem with the Jeep is the aerodynamics. I think MoPar Performance offers an intake and headers for that engine. Good luck.

Old 09-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AWESOME!! I can't wait until I get my truck on the track. Congratulations!!

~Amanda

Old 09-24-2004, 04:26 PM
purdueranger
Veteran

my 60' is a 2.29 and my reaction time is a poor .75 sec. I deep stage the jeep so i can get a better mile an hour but R/T goes down though. Mopar makes headers, the MP1 intake manifold. I am going to go with a trans go shift kit as long as I can find out which tranny I have in the GC. I am planning on swapping out my TC to a NP 241 so I can run in 2wd. I hate the 4 wheel all time because it is killing my 60' Right now I have no tire spinning or chirping at the track or on the streets.

Old 09-24-2004, 05:44 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i hate to argue, but ill have to do so a bit. the reason peopl deep stage is that they are that much closer. if you stage perfectly, you are 1320 ft and 11 inches from the finish line. when you deep stage, you are closer, thus giving you less rollout space. i only tickle the stage lights, so i give myself the full 11 inches of rollout space, as where you are into it further, so you have less momentum when you trigger the beginning of the ET timing. if you could someone launch at .500 just tickling the lights one time, then you deep staged and launched the EXACT same way, you would redlight because youre so many 18ths closer to the RT line, so in theory, so long as you dont redlight, deep staging improves your RT but since youre technically going less distance, your MPH is lower.

Quick Reply: Drag raced the jeep today