Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Stratus RT versus Laser RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:44 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stratus RT versus Laser RS

Well, this weekend we finally got the laser, as my parents brought it to the mopar nationals in columbus. On the way back to the hotel, Amanda and I took that chance to see how the two sized up to each other.

Dodge Stratus RT coupe
3.0L mitsubishi 6g72
4-speed Autostick transmission
Front Wheel Drive
200 stock hp
200 stock tq
Cold Air intake
Catback
Mounts
62,000 miles
115lb driver (dodgegirl19)

Plymouth Laser RS hatchback
2.0L mitsubishi 4g63T
5-speed manual transmission
All Wheel Drive
195stock hp
203 stock tq
Balance shafts removed
cats removed
catback
IAC/FIAV block off
boost leak
120,000 miles
230lb driver (badstratrt)
150lb passenger

First run was from a dig...I launched the laser around 2500rpm and got out pretty good, she launched the stratus around 2300, which is about as high as it will go with the slushbox. she hopped out ahead for an instant, until i came around her, pulling ahead once i got into 2nd gear, and it was quickly over...i pulled to around 80 or so. Once the laser spooled, the race was quickly over.

second run was similar to the first, but i bogged my launch, and she was ahead for a few seconds...by second gear i had come around her and begin to pull away.

I then rode next to a guy in a silver SRT4 seeing if he was interested in playing, which he seemed not to be, and we drove away from him, leading to our third run, this time from a 40 roll (i know that roll racing really isnt racing, but it would be interesting, as the stratus as at a disadvantage with the slushbox). From the 40 roll, I was able to have the car into the boost (3rd gear)as soon as we hit the third honk, so again, the laser walked away from the stratus.

Not surprised? neither am I, but Im happy to have something a little quicker than the Stratus, as even though I love the RT, it really could be a little quicker. Unfortunately, by the time I got back to the hotel, my eye injury sustained at the track had gotten to be an issue, so the laser sat in its parking spot until it went back on the trailer sunday morning...

Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Stratus RT versus Laser RS

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

Unfortunately, by the time I got back to the hotel, my eye injury sustained at the track had gotten to be an issue, so the laser sat in its parking spot until it went back on the trailer sunday morning...
Before I read the stats I thought to myself Laser

So Amanda did not get to drive it Sat?

Old 08-13-2007, 10:09 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Stratus RT versus Laser RS

saturday we took the stratus to the track...after spending all morning dicking around trying to find a doctors office that was open, and that would take me without an appt.

the only problem with the laser is an idle problem..it idles rough, and we have eliminated all of the non-useful things that it could be, such as the IAC...we have basically narrowed it down to a boost leak, but its a minor one, as it runs great under load, but it has a choppy idle..it sounds like it has a big cam, but its doesnt. i just need some time where i feel better, and the weather isnt to awfully hot when we can tear into it and check for the leak. we looked at the charge pipes today, and i could see cracks in the pipe leading to the IC..and all of the piping is original.

Quick Reply: Stratus RT versus Laser RS