Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

ANCIENT HISTORY

Old 03-29-2008, 01:18 PM
lugnuts
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANCIENT HISTORY

What's some of the best/worst races you guys have had? Doesn't have to be recent.

In the early 80s I had a '70 Challenger, 383 4spd,3.23 gear,Hemi grind purple shaft,single plane,650AFB carb pocket ported heads. Ran some 13.8s at PenwellRaceway. There was a guy inhis brothersmaroon '67 Chevelle with a 327 4 spd,4.10 gear,cam, intake Holley etc. kept following me around the drag standing on the Chevy. The nose would lift a foot or so. After 2-3 roundsaround Monahans I eased out south on hwy 18 with the dumass still goosingthe Chevelle behind me.
We lined up and went at it.I put 7-8 lenghts on him in a hurry and pulled over. He said he missed 2nd gear. Ditto for the next pass. The third time I clutched the 383 at 4000 not even trying to launch, he pulled me and I heard a second gear screech from the Chevelle. Wooding the ol Dodge I drove around him and went on back into town. Got behind him an followed him around a couple of rounds goosing the hell outta the 383. The guy was pissed. The next weekend the owner wanted some becuase his 'brother don't know how to drive' Tore his *** up too,but not as bad.He was pissed enough to want to fight. I got2 black eyes,split lipand a bloody nose,he gotthe same plus a busted kneecap.
A few weeks later Itried on a silver '67 Mustang with a Boss 302.[not stock]Hehanded me my *** for a hat. We wereeven in 1-2 and when I hit third,which is where I usually pulled the best,he started pulling me,and just kept widening the gap. WTF!? Sonofabitch. We went about a mile, he had me about 10 lengths,just in time to meet a sherriff. Gota tickett for 127 in a 55. The ****head in the Mustang didn't get nothing. Guess the sherriff was a Ford fan.
Seems sometimes you lose no matter what.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ANCIENT HISTORY