DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing Talk (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk-130/)
-   -   Any good races lately? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk/125729-any-good-races-lately.html)

Rabones22 09-21-2007 11:26 PM

Any good races lately?

Just thought i'd post up and ask if anyone out there has had any good street runs? Racing other trucks? Racing cars? I'm just a fan of good stories and I want to know how Dodge Rams are up to trucks like F150's - Silverado's - and Titans.

I raced a Chevy Silverado SS probably same year as mine *2004* and I will never forget that race. I was driving around the "strip" over in my town. Place where cops hang out all the time now since they know everyone comes. I've raced honda civics and raped them as i'm tired of little rice rockets buzzing around the streets. At the time I didn't have my superchips, exhaust and throttle body spacer mod, just my CAI. That did enough to tear out those little annoying cars. Anyways, I was doing circles around there and I noticed a black Chevy SS truck at the gas station on the corner. I was like "oh s***, i wanna race him". I pulled up a block, just a few feet from a light and pulled off to the parking spots. Waiting for this person to get on the road and hopefully just me and this 'dude' would be at the light.
To my surprise, a few minutes later. . . . . the SS rolls up and it'sred light. I PULL OFF the parking lot and right next to the truck. I start reving my engine, with my ghetto ass glass paks that makes it sounds somewhat like it has an exhaust system. The truck rev's back and I was like it's own. The windows were tinted and I didn't get to see who was in it, but next thing I know, they roll it down. . . and it's a FINE A$$ GIRL. She smiles. About to turn green, my buddies and I were all stoked because we all heard the mystery of wether the HEMI or SS would win.
I placed my gear in 4WD, Call it dumb, but it paid a huge whiplash of jump for me at the beginning. left foot on the brake, right foot just reving it up to almost 2000 RPMS i was waiting. As soon as that light turned green. FLOORED IT and my truck JUMPED and sent me and my buds in the back of the seats all saying "HOLY S***!!". I kept my foot down there and I saw the SS just trailing behind my bumper. I seemed to be pulling, and midway I just slightly got of the gas and threw it back down into 2wd and as it clicked into the next gear when I stepped back on it. I THOUGHT I HAD HER.
Next thing I know. I just see her smoothly catch up and pass by and I'm pushing my truck to it's limit. I was like, WTF. Her and I raced back and forth from light to light and after that, she was just tearing it up every light. We merged onto the highway and we were gunning it up to 100MPH when my governor kicked in at 105MPH and I believe her's did also. But she was still just tredding forward. Might have been because her truck was lighter.

Anyways, fromt hat point on, I vowed to upgrade my truck and the next time I see an SS, that I would murder it.

chefred112 09-21-2007 11:56 PM

RE: Any good races lately?

SS's are mutha's...got my ass handed by one when i just started to mod (SC, 180 tstat, catback)...after that, i did a little modding (cam, LTs, efan, gears)...i don't hav that problem anymore, this also goes for TiTans and th new Tundras...

hemiyellow 09-22-2007 12:07 AM

yeah i've raced a couple SS silverado's, and did pretty decent against them...raced a couple diesels and got whooped lol....but now i'm startin to get more of em and just gonna keep goin till i can beat an SRT8 Grand Cherokee lol

Rabones22 09-22-2007 12:47 AM

Dang, those Grand Cherokee SRT8's are beasts I hear. Let me know how that goes haha. I'll post up if I hear anything too. I still have yet to find a decent race. I just haven't been out much but i'm going to have to take my truck out.

And Chefred, I really want to race those Titans and new Tundras too. Just own those little beetches.
I raced a C3 before too and we were just neck to neck when I had my intake in only so I know I can smoke them now.

And I took an RSX at a go though. I was at 55MPH and I saw him rolling from my rear view mirror and as soon as he pulled on my side I gunned it and he gunned it and the HEMI actually pulled through as I was pulling on him. Hard to believe becauseI know those little buggers are fast.

Other than that, I raced a Subaru STI and obviously got my A$$ handed to me. Even just the WRX could rape the HEMI but it was fun. Hondas i've raced, I've raped, those are just pitiful.

hemiyellow 09-22-2007 07:31 AM

yeah the Grand Cherokee SRT8 is an absolute monster....but she's fun as hell.....4.6 seconds 0-60...i got a couple ideas as a few things that might get it done but it's gonna cost some money before it's all said and done with lol

livetokite 09-22-2007 10:11 AM

raced a newer f-150 with the suicide doors, extended cab i guess...
whopped it.

raced a silverado with a cold air intake, when i was bone stock...
whopped it.

my friends monte carlo, i think like a 86? with the 305
stayed side by side for a lil then i pulled away at the end.

i really wana race a damn tundra, i won't beleive they can beat me till i see it in person.

Rabones22 09-22-2007 12:17 PM

A buddy of mine has a Scion TC and said he was racing an SRT8 and he was flippin floored at how fast that thing was just cruising. He told me he shifted wrong and he didn't do so hot but even if, the SRT8 was not something to think lightly of.

livetokite - I'm with you there man. The new tundras can stroke my hemi. Granted I don't mind toyotas, actually like them - not over my dodge though. Have you seen the video on youtube.com? of the tundra vs ram pull? Here's the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HQcJuvK73E Lot of talk and controversy over the video because it does look a little sketchy here and there. The tow rope goes limp a few times while the Ram is being pulled back but from the start it seemed to me like they were giong at it.

Anyways, knowing the specs and talk about tundra. It's supposed to be beastier that the Ram, but I think with all the mods I have even on my Ram, I know I can take the stock tundra. . . . well so I think. Thanks for the post-ups of what trucks/cars you raped.

Rabones22 09-22-2007 12:21 PM

by the way how the F do I get my image to show up on my signature?

HAWKDRIVER 09-22-2007 01:29 PM

Those Youtube videos are SUSPECT! Big time. Not with the tow strap going slack but when the putz driving the Ram just guns it and starts smoking the tires. Got news for ya. Start smoking the wheels on a Tundra and I'll pull it around the lot all day with a Kia. Plus it goes without saying that youcan't trust this with a Toyota Employee driving the Ram.

Rabones22 09-22-2007 03:41 PM

Haha. . Well there was a lot of things about that video that is in question. But anyways, overall - all I can really say is that I'd like them to make that video with my truck on the other end. You have a good point HAWKDRIVER. Didn't really think about it at that point but I see where you're coming from. It was just besides the fact, besides the specs. . . . jsut look at the tow rope and you got something that makes you wonder. Are they for real?

Toyota dealers just doing it to upsell their s***? thats pretty gay if you ask me.