Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Just messin around with a buddy...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 04:46 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just messin around with a buddy...

So my buddy (his is the car next to mine in my sig, or for those that can't tell its an 01 Cougar) and I were cruisin back over to his place. About 15 miles from my place. He drives like a crazy *** like I do...so naturally when you put two crazy asses together they get a lot of high speed driving. Well, I had a friend in my car who happened to have my digital camera and was snappin some pics. Well right when we jumped on the highway he took off and I was stuck behind some cars so I got a bit caught up. People got out of my way....then you hear the 3rd gear crack from a 70mph roll and I take off...up into 4th, rollin at 95+ and gaining speed fast. I can see him in front of me and I'm closing in fast...I hit 115 before I let off because I had more than caught up, plus I had no place to go with all the speed. Well we kept goin and just before we got off the highway to go to his place after zig zagging through 3 lanes of heavy traffic he again managed to pull away from me because I got caught up by some slow people. Well so again I dropped it in 3rd and took off, 85, 95, 105, closing in on him real fast. He was next to another car so both lanes were blocked...again no where to go...so I slowed to about 85...then another highway merged on so I cut over onto the ramp dropped into 4th and took off...he saw this and probably heard it being that I was right next him so he does the same. He is at this point pulling on me...then I don't know what he did because my little neon started to reel him in. We're still climbing up in rpms.....faster, faster, faster...I've pulled even with him and now I'm goin by him. Game over. LOL. I'm not sure if he let off, missed a shift, or what happened...but I was pullin on him. I let off right before I hit 120 for good reason....I had to get off the highway. Remember I had another person in my car...there was only one in his so like I said, I don't get it, he should whoop on me at 100+.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1628/63E481194A2A400F9E07CDA0E71D99EF.jpg[/IMG]
This is what he saw when I was closing in on him....He told me he saw my lights closing in on him hella fast in his mirrors and he took off because of it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1628/2039A2F5D426449FB0E99C54BBEB8541.jpg[/IMG]
Yes, thats 4th gear, and its still pulling plenty well at that speed to, and I was going up a slight incline.

Old 11-21-2004, 03:35 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: Just messin around with a buddy...

nice..what hgwy u run....i wanna kno where to stay away from

Old 11-21-2004, 08:59 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Just stay away from the west side of michigan then...lol, I'm all over the place. But no really...I can't remember the last time I hit these speeds. Its not a very often when I do things like that...at least breaking 100.

Old 11-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Vader
Champion

Nice shot of the Speedo

Quick Reply: Just messin around with a buddy...