DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing Talk (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk-130/)
-   -   light to light (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk/145014-light-to-light.html)

ramman59 01-30-2008 07:02 PM

light to light

has any one goune light to light with anouther car or tuck

Sobomaster 01-30-2008 07:03 PM

RE: light to light

Huh?

Redram05baby 01-30-2008 07:11 PM

Racin' Stoplight to Stoplight. Stoppin' at Reds, Goin' On Greens...

Thats A Guess...

Sobomaster 01-30-2008 07:13 PM

I guess that seemed too obvious..... I'm used to doing that at almost every stoplight.... Especially since in the past I've owned Vettes, a Crossfire, and a G35.

MikeHTally 01-30-2008 07:13 PM

Stop light drags. I've been hoping some rugrat in a ricer would try me, but so far, no takers. I've had a couple of ricers try my C, but it was no contest. Where I drive mostly, the traffic's too heavy anyway.

livetokite 01-30-2008 07:54 PM

yeah i have, beat a few ford f-150's, a little nissan truck, a f350 dully deisel, and many many more.

red06RAM 01-30-2008 08:02 PM

Last summer I pulled up to an F250 diesel and wasn't even thinking of racing him but when I took off he gassed it to keep up. We got stuck at the next light and when it turned green we took off. The trucks were surprisingly well matched. I got stuck at the next three lights with him as well.

7floorsofhell 01-30-2008 08:32 PM

not too much here. TRAFFIC!!! they want to build every store and superstore here and with those comes a traffic light in front of each one.

WhiteBerry 01-30-2008 08:46 PM

grand cherokee, 1st gen, i think V8. uphill. i nosed him out... the uphill beat us both up

scg87 01-31-2008 12:28 AM

I've done quite a few in my days. I owned two Dakota RT's in a row, followed by a Trans Am, and then a 350Z.

The Dakota got it's fair share of kills, because noone thought it was that quick. I didn't get many people trying me in my Trans Am. I got quite a few in the Z due to the fact that I think everyone mstook it for a lil 4-cyl fwd ricer. Little did they know, lol. I once had a guy in a Magnum RT race me at three consecutive lights, only to beat each time woorse than before.:DMy current Audi is my just my winter car, so it doesn't see too much action....[8D]

71RoadRunner 01-31-2008 01:53 AM

The only one I didn't win is the only tie I had and it was in my '88 Shelby Z against an '87-'88 T-bird Turbo Coupe that had it's 4cyl. turbo replaced with a healthy sounding 302 V8. He was quite suprised and asked what I had in it and I told him it was just a little 4 banger.[sm=icon_sneaky.gif]

Pyro 01-31-2008 08:56 AM

Yeah, I'll go light to light with other trucks. I got stomped by a GMC Sierra yesterday, it wasn't until I saw the Denali badge on his tailgate that I realized why.

MikeHTally 02-04-2008 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: 7floorsofhell

not too much here. TRAFFIC!!! they want to build every store and superstore here and with those comes a traffic light in front of each one.
Ya got that right! The number of lights on my commute has doubled in the last five years.

xskylinedx 02-12-2008 04:27 PM

Sure have. Beat out a 2004/2005 Chevy ext. cab v8 with a cat-back exhaust, a Subaru B9 Tribeca, and I scored a little Honda Civic ricer too.
Just as a note I beat the chebby with a plenum leak and no exhaust work.

SmellyRoastedTurkey4 02-14-2008 08:32 PM

I smoked a SRT 10 truck last night and then saw some little Acura past by both of us so fast.

R0oster31 02-23-2008 10:12 PM

When I was still in CO there were tons of ricers and when they got annoying enough I gave them a face full of smoke. The only loss I had was to a non ricer LS1 camaro not sure if there was much done to it besides exhaust, that was before most of the work on my truck as I did the DD clutch, studs, rings, turbo, and stacked chips after I moved. He got about a car length on me by 50 (speed limit was 45 and we both stopped at about 50). I thought I might get him because the light before he tried to take off quick and almost killed it and was banking on him over compensating and revving it up and spinning. He got a really good start though and that was where all his distance came from.

SeVeReDiStOrTiOn 02-24-2008 12:38 AM

^^^It would've got worse as the speeds increase...sounds like a bad driver also. I trapped 106 bone stock in my old autoLS1 maro...the 6-speeds usually trap closer to 109. Who knows with your current mods though...

rare aries 02-24-2008 10:13 PM

About 15 years ago I had 78 Caddy coupe with a 428? (I cant remember exactly it was a 42 something)4BBL. I belonged to a car club that rented Island Dragway in NJ once a year, we had one member who boasted his STOCK 68 Firebird could do 210 mph in the quarter we all knew this was BS so we set up a grudge run between his car and mine, my Caddy was quick for stock.
anyway I ran 17.86 at I think 86 mph ( its been a while) I edged him out by a fender, next thing we know he gets his time slip and left the track we never seen him at again not even our monthly meetings. What sucked for me as much as I tired I couldn't get a 16.90 I wanted so bad to get in the 16s. All I did to the Caddy was lose the emissions and cat put a glass pack on it. When I raced I shifted the trans manually.

R0oster31 03-01-2008 10:54 PM

Yea, I figured if he got off bad I would have him easy but I knew if he got off to a good start it would be close with me most likely losing. The thing that really went my way was the altitude, turbo vs natral really helps up at altitude. I was looking at the power charts for some of the small planes at the airport and on a hot day when the density altitude was high you had 50 percent of what you should have, slow climb out on those days.

Today I had a couple punk kids in I think it was a pontiac grand am, not sure it was riced out that got scared. It was hilarious, they were behind me at a light and there was a semi in front of me. I was just minding my own business shifting below 1700 RPM cuz semis don't accelerate to fast and there was someone in the left lane next to me. Well these kids swerve over and hammer it and I hear the fart can. I just laugh and blew a little smoke at them as they came flying by in the right lane that ended really soon. Well amile or solater (that was the last stop light and the road is a divided highway after that with speed limits at 55 for a while and then going up to 70)I start to catch tham again so I change lanes, when I get close they take off again. I just thought whatever and continued to drive normal. They slowed down some and I start to come up on them just as the speed limit goes up to 70, now my truck was in limp mode due to a bad ECM for the past month and wouldn't go past a 45 percent engine load and I just got that fixed yesterday so I'm in a more playful mood than usual. Well since the speed limit was going up I figured I'd spool the turbo a little, not all the way just a little cuz it doesn't take long to jump 20 mph. So I started to pass them, I went to 75 and that was it. Well they decided that they had wanted to stay in front of me and started to accelerate but did so too late because the only other car on the road was in their lane so they had to get behind me. Well I saw they were frustrated and since after that car there was no one else on the road and it is perfectly straight and flat with baren fields on either side (hey it's North Dakota)I decided I would play a little. After I passed the random car I switched lanes so they had a clear one. They started to come up on me and I decided I would do the same thing they had earlier so I spooled her up a little. Well they must have taken that as a challenge. I slowed back down and they took a good run at me (probably 10 to 15mph faster than I was going at this point and still accelerating) I waited till they got to my rear bumper and then lit the turbo they made it up to about mid truck before they started to fall back. My buddy and I were just laughing cuz they had their car floored the entire time andI didn't even bother to downshift. The kids didn't look happy at all, after that they didn't want to play any more. :( Evidentallyan 8000 pound truck showing them just how slow their car really is hurt their feelings. I guess realizing that a fart can does not equal 200 more hp hurts. I still had fuel and boost left too.:D

synacism 03-04-2008 09:04 PM

All i do is race ricers. Everyone at my work is running out ot buy a friggen honda SI or scion or some other ricetrash. besides one supra and one lancer evo (both souped up), i beat them all. They think my dakota R/T is just another pick up at the light, and always get schooled for underestimating me. I just beat one buddy ( honda civic SI) so bad that that he is begging for a rematch, so we are taking them up to cecil county drag on the 15th. I think he is getting some work done, so we'll see how it turns out. I guess its not that hard to get a 500 pound piece of plastic to go fast.

scg87 03-04-2008 11:02 PM

Stock Si's are rice??? Some people are so judgemental about anything nondomestic it's ridiculous....

dtjackten 03-05-2008 10:37 AM

^^ Yeah...... i like the si's i think they r a good looking car.... and can get alot of power out of them if u have the money......

but i am also a person who does not understand why u would race trucks anyway...... (just me) granted i give props to the ones that can get into the 11s.... but i dont understand it..... to each his own i guess..... i am more impressed with a 4 cylinder car running in the 11s than a truck. even though the truck weights in alot more than a sport compact.... but if u put the power in a car.... it would be 10s without a problem.......

(not meaning to start **** either..... just my opinion)

synacism 03-06-2008 07:12 PM

Your not starting any ****. I'm just talking to the same **** i talk at work, with the guy that owns the SI. I can see where you are comming from. Before i got the R/T i wanted to get an older mopar car, but i love driving my truck. Most people think my truck is slow, and thats what i love about it. I love squeeling wheels at a red light, and beating some guy who thinks i just have a pickup with a loud tail pipe. I don't hate "rice cars",I justlove beating them.

R0oster31 03-06-2008 10:54 PM

I want to build an old muscle car, but I don't have the time right now or the money for two vehicles, plus the ND winter doesn't agree with one. If you took the power from an 11 sec truck (Mine weighs close to 8000) and put it in a car it should be a lot faster than 10's as a 4000 lb car is heavy and if you cut the weight in half I think that is good for a little more than a second. My truck won't run an 11 and it should be over 1000 ft lbs of torque at the wheels, (I'll find out in a month). I'm not trying to bash any one but I do not understand the craze with front wheel drive cars for racing. They just will not hook as well as a rear wheel drive car just due to weight transfer that you get with acceleration. People will play with what they have, for me only having one vehicle a truck makes sense because a truck is rear wheel (great for playing around) or 4X4, is good for any weather,and it pulls my boat to the lake, if it is fun to drive all the better.

I figured that I'd add that I'm stationed in North Dakota.

Horseapples 03-15-2008 11:03 AM

I agree with ya Rooster, I tinker with my truck because I like to, Not because I have to. I have my Demon for the serious go fast stuff but my regular cab short bed was the best option at the time, no Charger or Magnum was available at the time I bought my truck. Besides, its impressive as hell to run low 13's on the street in a truck I can tow my boat to the lake with. Cant do that with my Demon!:)

Why not Minot?... Freezin's the reason!

scg87 03-15-2008 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: R0oster31

I want to build an old muscle car, but I don't have the time right now or the money for two vehicles, plus the ND winter doesn't agree with one. If you took the power from an 11 sec truck (Mine weighs close to 8000) and put it in a car it should be a lot faster than 10's as a 4000 lb car is heavy and if you cut the weight in half I think that is good for a little more than a second. My truck won't run an 11 and it should be over 1000 ft lbs of torque at the wheels, (I'll find out in a month). I'm not trying to bash any one but I do not understand the craze with front wheel drive cars for racing. They just will not hook as well as a rear wheel drive car just due to weight transfer that you get with acceleration. People will play with what they have, for me only having one vehicle a truck makes sense because a truck is rear wheel (great for playing around) or 4X4, is good for any weather,and it pulls my boat to the lake, if it is fun to drive all the better.

I figured that I'd add that I'm stationed in North Dakota.

Dude, no way!!! I'm Air Force, stationed at Minot too......

Horseapples 03-15-2008 08:34 PM

You poor bastards!

lugnuts 03-15-2008 09:31 PM

Got to run my '85 2.2 5spd Daytona against my '07 2.4 auto Sebring. The wife likes a good race herself, so we took off from a 4 way stop. The worn out junkpile of a Daytona pulled on the Sebring through the gears. Didn't just run off and leave her,but with a gazillion miles on the Daytona and various peices held on with wire, it still pulled the 24,000 mi Sebring. The Sebring is an underpoweredslug.

R0oster31 03-16-2008 05:17 AM

Actually I'm at Grand Forks, which I actually picked. (Close to home)

scg87 03-16-2008 07:17 PM

Oh, alright, I see.

And yeah North Dakota f*cking blows....[:'(]

R0oster31 03-18-2008 06:30 PM

It is getting warm again now though.

scg87 03-18-2008 09:27 PM

Yep. But it's all good. I'm out pretty soon anyways.....:)

R0oster31 03-18-2008 10:59 PM

Out of the af or out of minot? Where you headed?

synacism 03-19-2008 03:24 PM

Back to the red light racing. I just killed a charger ( I know what your thinking dodge on dodge violence). I did'nt even know we were racing till he took off on me at a red light. but i cought up and we both took off at the next light. i just pulled away from him. I don't know if i just beat him, or he did't feel like racing anymore, but it honestly felt to easy. I don't know what modle charger it was (2005-06?)

lamborado 03-25-2008 10:58 AM

ehhh was it a V6 model, cuz a hemi charger is gonna be tough not saying you didnt, but R/Ts usually dont stand a chance against hemi chargers, i know cuz ive raced both, an r/t on a 100 shot, and a stock hemi charger the charger gave me a better run. but good kill either way its always fun to outrun someone.

94Ramsey 04-01-2008 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
went against a hemi charger unless he wasent trying. otherwise none of these lil ricers wanna play. Attachment 120058

crazykane 04-03-2008 07:54 PM

i have ricers trying to race me all the time. wonder why they like being out ran. heres a why not to race on the street.
http://www.viperalley.com/forum/anyt...ck-hogans.html

not that i don't

94Ramsey 04-07-2008 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
went up against a neon a few days ago. ilost by i'd say a door. he was just superised how well i kept up withem. Attachment 119854

94Ramsey 04-08-2008 07:35 PM

had a close race with a 03 silverado with the 5.3 i believe. i lost due to breaking traction no thanks to the stupid rain, he locked it in 4wd. we went again and i took it easy off the line then punched it and started walkin but he caught up and passed. 0-75. still a pretty good race.