Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Marlin gets a new Crew Chief

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 02:35 AM
GaDirtRacerGurl24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marlin gets a new Crew Chief

December 21, 2004
01:13 PM EST (18:13 GMT)

Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates announced that race engineer Steve Boyer will take over crew chief duties on the No. 40 Coors Light Dodge for the 2005 season.

"It is a top priority for both Felix and myself to get the Coors Light 40 team back into championship form," team owner Chip Ganassi said.

ALSO
World of Dodge

"Over the last six races of the 2004 season we asked Steve to assume a leadership role with team manager Tony Glover and the 40 team and he proved he could get the job done.

"Steve has the confidence of team management, Sterling and the 40 crew and we look forward to seeing the 40 car up front in 2005."

"I greatly appreciate the opportunity from Chip and Felix to become the crew chief of the No. 40 Coors Light Dodge for the 2005 season," Boyer said.

"After working with Sterling and the No. 40 team for the last three seasons, I believe that I can help this team return to the forefront of NASCAR competition.

"We hope to continue the quality races that we had over the last six races of 2004 into the beginning of 2005, and get Sterling back to the form he has shown in years' past."

Boyer has been a member of the Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates team since 2001.

He started as Jason Leffler's race engineer and won his first pole at Kansas in 2001. Boyer began working with Sterling Marlin in 2002.

Quick Reply: Marlin gets a new Crew Chief