Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Ram Vs. Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 01:11 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram Vs. Chevy

Pulled out of the local 7-11 last night, and onto the two lane main drag through town, and ended up next to a mid 90s chevy ext. cab. The windows were so tinted I couldn't barely see in, but I could see a female in the passenger seat. The truck was pretty loud, and had some nice blask beadlock sims., and nice mudders, and it was loud. The dude kept gunning it next to me, and I held up one finger, until we got past the known speed-trap, and then I honked us off. His truck was a 5-speed, he threw it down, and I punched the gas. We held even through a gear, and then my truck shifted, and I pulled away. We ended up hauling *** out of town, and he passed me through a 45 mile an hour bend, and I was going into it at a little over 65. He tried to outrun me down a straight, but he let off, or those things are limited, because I ended up walking by him at 110. That Chev was way louder than my truck... exhaust in sig.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:33 AM
sbcwjbcjwke
Default RE: Ram Vs. Chevy

but the chevy is still better no matter what

Old 01-05-2008, 11:16 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: sbcwjbcjwke

That is true, They make much better anchors and they look so good at the junk yards.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:22 PM
sanddragonslayer
Rookie

Thank you jimmy, I have buddy who drives a silverado, and he is always talking trash.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JimmyDiablo

That is true, They make much better anchors and they look so good at the junk yards.
Hahaha! A couple of my friends drive silverados, and they all admit the Ram looks better, and is faster than their trucks. They all get better gas mileage than me, though.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:38 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Pyro

ORIGINAL: JimmyDiablo

Hahaha! A couple of my friends drive silverados, and they all admit the Ram looks better, and is faster than their trucks. They all get better gas mileage than me, though.
Depends on the year....a 4.8 or 5.3/6.0 will walk your 4.7 all day long. Don't even start talking mods...chevy has far more vast aftermarketand has a pcm that is highly tunable. I had a 5.3 with just a predator tune and it would run side by side with my RCSB 2wd Hemi.

The mid 90's chevy the OP ran was probably the 96-98 5.7 vortec or even earlier with an anemic but reliable350 TBI. I'm a dodge and chevy guy...neither are junk and the ones that say otherwise have never owned a chevy.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 AM
lamborado

Nice kill, i understand that you cant choose what dooche pulls up next to you, but the 90s model trucks are pretty weak, and you said its a 5 speed, your lookin at probably the 305 aka 5.0 which was pushin maybe 200 to the tires on a very good day, its offered on every engine model though, because the 350 5.7 is an optional motor which maybe he had which bumps him to a max of 255HPs these are flywheel (flexplate)numbers BTW. they also came with the 7.4l 454 but these were automatics so you got the 305 or the 350, still good kill, he shouldnt have stepped up if he didnt want to get outran.

Quick Reply: Ram Vs. Chevy