Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Elliott and Coors in Shootout!

Old 01-20-2005, 11:52 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elliott and Coors in Shootout!

Coors Brewing Company will take a trip down memory lane during the Shootout at Daytona International Speedway when Bill Elliott makes a one-race appearance behind the wheel of a retro Coors Dodge. Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates will field a second entry in the Shootout for Elliott who was partnered with the team's current sponsor Coors Brewing Company from 1984-1991. Elliott's Dodge will sport the paint scheme that he earned the coveted Winston Million during the 1985 NASCAR Winston Cup season.

"I am really looking forward to partnering back up with Coors Light," Elliott said. "I think that this is a great opportunity and I really like running that race. I think it is also going to be fun to work with my brother Ernie. Ernie worked on my motors when I was just starting out. Now I get a chance to have him build my engines again and it is something I will thoroughly enjoy."

"I think this is a great way to honor Coors Brewing Company's history in racing," team owner Chip Ganassi said. "Coors had a long and successful affiliation with Bill and has been a sponsor with Felix and I since 1995. This is a great way to partner the company's past and present for one night under the lights at Daytona. We look forward to having Bill in one of our cars and giving Coors this opportunity to celebrate the start of its 21st year in NASCAR."

"We here at Coors Brewing Company are very excited about having Bill in the car and partnered up with us again for this one race," said Steve Saunders, Director of Event Marketing for Coors Brewing Company. "He had an impressive eight seasons with Coors and won a championship while he was sponsored by us. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to run our two brands of beer Coors and Coors Light at Daytona International Speedway. First we have Elliott in the Coors car and Marlin in the Coors Light Dodge." The Shootout is scheduled for Saturday, February 12th at Daytona International Speedway.

(Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates PR).

redriderbob

Old 01-21-2005, 12:03 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Default RE: Elliott and Coors in Shootout!

Bill Elliott made a second announcement on Wednesday afternoon as he confirmed he would drive a classic paint scheme that won the 1985 Winston Million for Chip Ganassi Racing in the 2005 Bud Shootout. He'll test the car on Thursday.

redriderbob

Old 01-21-2005, 03:53 PM
redriderbob
Banned

It is going to be great to see Bill in his old colors, especially w/ Ganassi Racing...

redriderbob

Old 01-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Vader
Champion

I love the look. Seems like old times.

Old 01-23-2005, 01:20 AM
redriderbob
Banned

redriderbob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Elliott and Coors in Shootout!