DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing Talk (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk-130/)
-   -   Ouch...Golf got owned (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk/20326-ouch-golf-got-owned.html)

chud298 03-16-2005 01:39 PM

Ouch...Golf got owned

Everyday I come out of school and I see this Volkswagon Golf picking someone up. I say his can and gauges and I always wanted to race him. I never had the chance when I saw him in my town. I noticed his can was hanging from the car by chains and everytime I saw him hit a bump it swayed so I thought got to show him what it's all about. I pulled up next to him at a light and saw him sitting lower than his door in his car lol. I did what I always do when I want to race, which is just point my finger down the road and the light turned green. We both hit it and we were side by side until I hit top end of second gear then I was off. I find this funny because that was the car I wanted to get until I found my R/T

71RoadRunner 03-17-2005 05:05 AM

RE: Ouch...Golf got owned

Wow, that is sad (that you originally wanted a Golf).[&o] The chained up fart can must be a new ricer mod, it's probably a low friction exhaust hanger.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

moparturd 03-17-2005 10:47 AM

Nice kill.

You wanted a Golf??????

Why?

chud298 03-17-2005 12:48 PM

I know I know I thought they were nice looking. This was way back when I didn't know too much about cars like 12 years old lol.

moparturd 03-17-2005 02:16 PM

I suppose at age 12, maybe a Golf would look good.:D

casper 03-17-2005 04:00 PM

Nice kill man. LMFAO at the chain holdin the fart can up.

03ramhemi 03-18-2005 09:18 PM

Hey Golfs can be aweosme. Personally I am a VW fan. But, I do like Dodge trucks and the Durango Hemi. I KNOW if you get the top of the line Golf, and race your car, which in '98 was the top of the line neon, he would smoke the heck out of you. You're car has, tops 150hp. stock, and the Golfs can have 180hp turbo stock. So I am quite certain it was a older Golf with the 2.0L 115hp 4 banger.

71RoadRunner 03-19-2005 03:21 PM

When I was 12 I thought dragsters, drag cars and muscle cars looked good, as well as a few high dollar exotics, and I still do.:D

chud298 03-21-2005 11:26 AM

If I had my car the best as possible I bet I could bet it. I don't even have an exhaust system as of now. I will be getting one in april along with a lot of other stuff...cams, headers, suspension. I mean if a car is done up of course it can beat a car that isn't. All I have for performance as of now is an CAI blaster coil 8mm wires and a mopar ECU. I got little **** too like a short shifter and booger racing shifter bushings. I'm working on my suspension. You can put all the power in your car you want but if your car can't handle it what's the point. I have parts waiting for the warmer weather about $3000 worth of suspension parts. O by the way, I'm setting up my car for track racing not straight line racing like most guys. so it's also a lot different draging people

chud298 03-21-2005 11:29 AM

I forgot to add. It wasn't the older one it was probably the 2000 or 2001. It also weighs a little more than me but that does make a difference for the power to weight ratio. He weighs about 300 more lbs. Its not a lot but that little can count