Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Newman's #12 Charger finishes 4th at Talledega

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 09:26 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newman's #12 Charger finishes 4th at Talledega

Ryan Newman's #12 Dodge Charger came in 3rd in todays Nextel Cup race leaving him only 4 points behind the lead. There were quite a few Chargers that were up front in the beginning of the race, but the bad luck black cloud hung over this one with several yellow's involving multiple cars and taking out a few of the Dodges in the process. Dale Jarrett in the UPS Ford was the winner of this one... oh the horror, to be beatin by a Ford!

Old 10-02-2005, 09:41 PM
chrysler/dodge dude
Captain
Default RE: Newman's #12 Charger finishes 3rd at Talledega

I saw that. I'm so f*cking tired of Dodge being denied a win. I'm glad you pointed out that Dodge was very competitive in this race because they were...McMurray and Newman were the best of the Dodges leading most of the race. At one point, there were six Dodges in the top ten! Of the Dodges, I thought Newman had a good shot at winning the race; he was fast and determined, but thanks to that ******* Sewart, he didn't get the victory. I'm f*cking tired of Stewart and his bullsh*t!!!! If any of you noticed, Stewart tapped Newman with one to go...bastard![:@][:@][:@]

Old 10-02-2005, 10:06 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

that race was just messed up for all the drivers that wrecked out, most because somebody tapped somebody else from behind and sent them into a spin or shoved them over one way or the other... but I guess that all part of racing, right. And Martin was bitchin about how he blames part of the problem on the restrictor plates and that most tracks are outdated because they cant drive 230 mph around them. I dont see how that would help, considering what I watched in that race, most couldnt handle going only 180 around it!

Well seeing all the Chargers up towards the front of the race was nice for awhile anyway.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:22 PM
MGDMike
Champion

To me Martin make a valid point those tracks are getting outdated for the performance of todays machines. Imagine what these cars (and trucks) will be doing 20 years from now. Bump draft rocks!!! However, these guys need to learns not to do it in the corners, especially coming into the corners. Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

that race was just messed up for all the drivers that wrecked out, most because somebody tapped somebody else from behind and sent them into a spin or shoved them over one way or the other... but I guess that all part of racing, right. And Martin was bitchin about how he blames part of the problem on the restrictor plates and that most tracks are outdated because they cant drive 230 mph around them. I dont see how that would help, considering what I watched in that race, most couldnt handle going only 180 around it!

Well seeing all the Chargers up towards the front of the race was nice for awhile anyway.
Staying at 180-194 mph, you can't pull away from other drivers, because of the restrictor plates. So guys get desperate. (Example: Stewart tapping Newman) It gets very dangerous that way.

Take the restrictor plates away and they will reach 230 mph. Drivers will be able to pull away from other drivers and they won't get so desperate and go at others. But they are going 220+, which is equally dangerous.

Which is worse?

BTW, they scored him with 4th, not 3rd, which is bullsh*t.

Old 10-04-2005, 12:35 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

the scoring must have happened after the end of the tv telecast...

And as for the speed versus the plates, it is really a toss-up. Whichever way it goes they need to settle down with the ramming of others("bump-drafting")which really is just a way for them to catch someone off center a bit and send them spinning towards the wall or towards the in-field andget away with it. Either way they go its usually not bad for the person doing it but disasterous for those following closely there after. Total BS. Weaken the fronts some more so that they incur damage to themselves and this kind of act will only happen by accident, for noone wants to put themselves out of the race by rear-ending somebody else. Its just gotten out of control, I like to see crashes as much as the next guy but I also like to watch skillfull drivers doing their thing and not at the expense or safety of others.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:40 PM
40intrepid
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

Staying at 180-194 mph, you can't pull away from other drivers, because of the restrictor plates. So guys get desperate. (Example: Stewart tapping Newman) It gets very dangerous that way.

Take the restrictor plates away and they will reach 230 mph. Drivers will be able to pull away from other drivers and they won't get so desperate and go at others. But they are going 220+, which is equally dangerous.

Which is worse?

BTW, they scored him with 4th, not 3rd, which is bullsh*t.
Whaddya expect from ASSCAR?
They cant stand to let a Dodge lead the chase for even one week if they can help it!
I'm convinced there really IS something to the NAZICAR VS Dodge conspiracy.[:@]

Old 10-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Ramtuff
Veteran

ORIGINAL: chrysler/dodge dude

I saw that. I'm so f*cking tired of Dodge being denied a win. I'm glad you pointed out that Dodge was very competitive in this race because they were...McMurray and Newman were the best of the Dodges leading most of the race. At one point, there were six Dodges in the top ten! Of the Dodges, I thought Newman had a good shot at winning the race; he was fast and determined, but thanks to that ******* Sewart, he didn't get the victory. I'm f*cking tired of Stewart and his bullsh*t!!!! If any of you noticed, Stewart tapped Newman with one to go...bastard![:@][:@][:@]
lol. You bitch about Stewart giving Newman a little bump, and you completely ignore the fact that Newman spun a car and caused a huge wreck. That's just too funny.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:52 PM
chrysler/dodge dude
Captain

ORIGINAL: Ramtuff

ORIGINAL: chrysler/dodge dude

lol. You bitch about Stewart giving Newman a little bump, and you completely ignore the fact that Newman spun a car and caused a huge wreck. That's just too funny.
Ha ha yeah lol, but the thing is, Stewart taps people ALL THE TIME! Sometimes even causes wrecks! Newman, usually is the victim of a wreck, so pointing the finger at him is unjustifiable. I was just pissed when Stewart taped Newman right at the end there...mostly becasue Newman is my driver, and didn't win the race because of that!!!

Quick Reply: Newman's #12 Charger finishes 4th at Talledega