Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

OFFICIAL - Busch to Join Penske Racing in 2006:

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:29 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL - Busch to Join Penske Racing in 2006:

Penske Racing South announced today that Kurt Busch will drive the Miller Lite Dodge commencing with the 2006 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup season. Busch, the 2004 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup champion, has reached an agreement with Roush Racing to be released from his driver responsibilities for the 2006 season. Busch will join Penske Racing South at the conclusion of the 2005 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup season. "We are pleased that Kurt and Roush Racing were able to reach an agreement on Kurt's release and appreciate the professionalism that it has taken to arrive at this result," said Roger Penske, chairman. "Kurt's joining us for 2006 will provide a smooth transition for the team and our sponsors." Busch had recently signed a multi-year agreement with Penske Racing South that was to take effect in 2007.

(Penske Racing)

redriderbob

Old 11-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL - Busch to Join Penske Racing in 2006:

YEAH! I heard about this a couple days ago!

#2 Alltel: Kurt Busch
#12 Miller Lite: Ryan Newman
#77 Kodak: Travis Kvapil

Seems like a good team to me. I'm happy!

Newman Comments on New teammate: #12-Ryan Newman is thrilled he's getting a new teammate next year in Kurt Busch. Much of that has to do with the fact he doesn't get along with his current teammate, #2-Rusty Wallace. "I think any change is definitely a good change, and I think Kurt is a better change than that," Newman said. "I've always heard good things about him as far as being a teammate." Newman and Wallace have barely spoken since they argued last year at Martinsville, and throughout the year they've taken subtle shots at each other through the media. Wallace has been the most outspoken on the subject. Busch will be taking over for Wallace, who is retiring after next week's finale at Homestead. Penske Racing South also fields the #77 Dodge, driven by Travis Kvapil. "We've operated for four years now as a one-car team and supported a lot of things the other two teams were doing and got nothing in return," Newman said. "It'll be nice to see the tables turned as far as some of the help coming back our way."

(Tampa Tribune)(11-12-2005)

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL - Busch to Join Penske Racing in 2006: