Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Dale Jrs paint scheme for Talladega

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:00 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dale Jrs paint scheme for Talladega

did anyone else read about this?
its awesome...... Jr's gonna have his car painted up like his dads this weekend....... Budweiser will still be his sponsor and he'll still be #8 but because Srs bday is this weekend (or sometime this week.... i forget) hes gonna do it.... thats so cool i think. How awesome would it be if he won like that?? dang i cant wait to see it.

ill try to find that link to the article and post it.........

Old 04-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Boulee
Record Breaker
Default RE: Dale Jrs paint scheme for Talladega

ORIGINAL: jayski.com
Dale Jr. scheme at Talladega? UPDATE OFFICIAL, IMAGES #1 also: hearing Dale Earnhardt Jr. will drive a black #8 Budweiser Chevy at Talladega in the Aaron's 499 in honor of Dale Earnhardt's induction into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame this week.(4-23-2006)
UPDATE: ESPN's Mike Massaro reported on ESPNEWS 4Qtrs tonight that DEI is expected to make an announcement later this week that Dale Jr. will run a black #8 Budweiser Chevy in honor of his father, 10 time Talladega winner, Dale Earnhardt. There is also a rumor that Dale Jr. would run the #3 also, but have not heard that and the image clearly shows the #8.(4-24-2006)

UPDATE 2: Dale Earnhardt Jr. is expected to announce that he will pilot a black Budweiser Chevy during the "three days" of on track action this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway in honor of his father's induction into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame. More details of this special paint scheme that will resemble the famous #3 could come in Tuesday's NASCAR NEXTEL Teleconference where Earnhardt Jr. will be the guest. Earnhardt Jr. is also scheduled to appear live on QVC’s For Race Fans Only from Talladega on Friday at 8:00pm/et. This could be the first time we see a die-cast version of the car.(RacingOne)(4-25-2006)

UPDATE 3: In a unified effort, the primary sponsors of Dale Earnhardt, Inc. will pay tribute to Dale Earnhardt with special paint schemes at Talladega Superspeedway this weekend. The schemes will salute Dale Earnhardt Day (April 29th), his induction into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and his accomplishments at Talladega. Earnhardt, a seven-time NASCAR champion is the winningest driver at Talladega with 10 trips to Victory Lane. Fittingly, his 76th Nextel Cup victory occurred at the track in October of 2000. And, he did it in Earnhardt fashion by coming from 17th to first in the closing laps. The #1 Bass Pro Shops, #8 Budweiser and #11 Menards Chevys will carry paint schemes reminiscent of the familiar black theme Dale Earnhardt ran while driving for DEI in the Busch Series. Additionally, Bass Pro Shops will sponsor Martin Truex, Jr. in Saturday's Busch Series race. Truex, a two-time Busch Series champion and two-time winner of the NBS race at Talladega, will drive the #8 black Bass Pro Shops Chevy.
"I think this is a great tribute to Dale on such a special weekend," said Teresa Earnhardt, President and CEO of Dale Earnhardt, Inc. "To have all of our sponsors come together with this tribute and want to be a part of it says a lot about the respect they have for Dale's accomplishments." In addition to the black paint schemes, Dale Earnhardt Day and the International Motorsports Hall of Fame induction, all Busch Series teams are being asked to carry a Dale Earnhardt Legacy Logo on their cars. Fans are asked to participate from the grandstands, or wherever they are watching the race, by raising three fingers in the air on Lap 3 of Saturday's Busch Series race.(DEI PR / fingerprintinc PR), see images on the #8 Team Schemes page and the #1 Team Schemes page and see the two Busch cars on my 2006 Busch Series Schemes page.(4-25-2006)

[IMG]local://upfiles/4069/B9089B97608D49588CFE35C0D1F10432.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4069/773E51AF04FB44798BA12FD1CF31650E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4069/7079CEBFAD474C0ABEAD3255CD064C11.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4069/7D5834156C3949C8B63E77190D7E143D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-27-2006, 02:28 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Deja'vu!!!

Dusty

Old 04-27-2006, 06:29 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

marketing

Old 04-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Marketing? OK... no...

Looks cool! Great way to remember his dad...

Old 04-28-2006, 06:40 PM
wildbill
Veteran

Who cares if it's marketing- like ya'll said it works both ways. Maybe it'll do some good for the NASCAR foundation too?

I can't WAIT for tommorrow, sit on my couch and enjoy the afternoon watching some good racing this weekend. TALLADEGA!! WOOO!
I missed the Samsung 500 last weekend, so I'm fiending now!

I want to see Kasey Kahne work some magic this weekend, but I'm a little nervous.
[8D]

Quick Reply: Dale Jrs paint scheme for Talladega