Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
40.63%
No
50.00%
Doesn't matter...street racing>track racing
9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Does having a track help keep street racing to a minimum?

Old 05-06-2006, 05:02 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does having a track help keep street racing to a minimum?

quite a few 'good drivers' end up around trees too

no reason to be cocky, you could end up wreckd too.

it doesnt have to be your fault to wreck while racing.......

Old 05-06-2006, 11:24 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

I personally belive that even if your town or city has a drag strip street raceing will still be horendus. We have two drag strips here in the Kansas City metro, and street raceing here is still horendusly huge. So no I dont belive tracks do anything but encourage it.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:08 PM
05stratR/T

no matter whether you have a track or not your still gonna have alot of people that are gonna street race, but its alot mroe dangerous if its not on a track

Old 05-06-2006, 12:30 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nicko, just so you know, your car wouldnt get anywhere near 105 on a track...youd be lucky to see 85.

i would say that there is a good chance that i am the most experienced track racer here...ive made over 1000 passes in the last 10 years, all over the mid west to northeast, and alot of people use "street racing is more fun" or 'the track is too far away" as an excuse. When in pittsburgh, I lived 2 hours from any track, and the nhra has a map on their webpage showing that no point in the US is more than 3 hours from a sanctioned track, so people complain about the distance.

as for people who say that street racing is more competitive, or that its more fun...thats a load of punkass garbage. those people might as well just admit that theyre afraid to run against real drivers, with real cars...but douchebags in ricers, who ALSO cant pull good reaction times.

the bottom line is that some people are just too big of bitches to go to the track, because they will be exposed as being a bad driver, or having a slow car, or both. racing on the track is a whole different beast...and some people just cant cut it. i also street race..ill **** around with people late at night..or on a stretch of highway...but its not real racing, because REAL racing has a marked start and finish line, and REAL racing starts FROM A STOP...racing from a roll isnt racing..its speeding.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:16 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

nicko, just so you know, your car wouldnt get anywhere near 105 on a track...youd be lucky to see 85.

i would say that there is a good chance that i am the most experienced track racer here...ive made over 1000 passes in the last 10 years, all over the mid west to northeast, and alot of people use "street racing is more fun" or 'the track is too far away" as an excuse. When in pittsburgh, I lived 2 hours from any track, and the nhra has a map on their webpage showing that no point in the US is more than 3 hours from a sanctioned track, so people complain about the distance.

as for people who say that street racing is more competitive, or that its more fun...thats a load of punkass garbage. those people might as well just admit that theyre afraid to run against real drivers, with real cars...but douchebags in ricers, who ALSO cant pull good reaction times.

the bottom line is that some people are just too big of bitches to go to the track, because they will be exposed as being a bad driver, or having a slow car, or both. racing on the track is a whole different beast...and some people just cant cut it. i also street race..ill **** around with people late at night..or on a stretch of highway...but its not real racing, because REAL racing has a marked start and finish line, and REAL racing starts FROM A STOP...racing from a roll isnt racing..its speeding.
Well put. I have two tracks within an hour of me. But I still see people racing all the time. I still get people trying to race me. Tracks might help to minimize it slightly, but it definitely doesn't make a big difference. People will continue to street race everyday.

Old 05-06-2006, 03:08 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and in the defense of some people who dont/wont street race...some tracks do charge alot...like 25-60 bucks for test and tune, to only get a couple runs, but still...people need to suck it up, and go to the track, at least once in a while...people who "only street race" are punks who make excuses...i know that 50 bucks is alot, but you get to see a fast moving car show (at most tracks) and you can run your vehicle and have a point of reference to see how it really runs.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When I think of "street racing", I think of our organized races out in, well some where in Fort Myers.... There is a very big difference between that and light to light racing, which is dangerous.

It's very organized and it's on a dead end two lane road out in the boonies. No dangers of hitting other cars or pedestrians... It's done very carefully, only problem is that there is no emergency crew and it's not legal. BTW, we've never had a single injury...

This is where people would rather go, rather than paying money to go run at the 1/8th mile track in Immakolee, which is only 15 miles out of town, but still... It's costs money, it's only an 1/8th mile...

So no, I don't think having a track helps... atleast not an 1/8th track anyway...

Old 05-26-2006, 09:08 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have about 5 - 6 deaths a year around here due to street racing. Last one to make headlines here, couple young guys in Mercedes racing down a city street broadsided and killed a cabbie pulling a u turn. No one deserves to die from punks racing on city streets. You crash while street racing, it is your fault.
Anytime something like that happens the cops have to do a blitz. I tend to lay low with the 96 during them, too easy to get in trouble with it.

Im a regular at Cayuga (TMP) which is about 100miles away and take me usually about 1 3/4 to get there. It is an IHRA track and it cost between 30-75(Cdn) to race depending on TT or big sanctioned race. Next closest track Ive been to only a few times. Its about 150miles and takes 2 1/2hrs + to get to. Its an NHRA track.

Keep it safe and take it to the track were it belongs!

Old 05-26-2006, 09:15 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT
there is a good chance that i am the most experienced track racer here...ive made over 1000 passes in the last 10 years, .
FYI, I should have my 1200th pass with the Indy this year I am sure someone lurking in here has more though [8D]

Old 06-06-2006, 04:58 AM
JTs RT

theres a track about 20-30min away from me. plenty of people go but theres about 10times more people out on the street. street racing will always be around no matter if you have tracks every few miles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does having a track help keep street racing to a minimum?