DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing Talk (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk-130/)
-   -   moment of shame (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk/58936-moment-of-shame.html)

jscherencel 05-15-2006 09:02 PM

moment of shame

On my way into work today I arrived at a stop light following a newer Honda Accord about an 01 (stock?). The guy had been driving slow so I was gonna pass him in the right hand lane. The right lane merges in with the left in a quarte mile. Its a great place for a cheap and quick race. So I thought, "since I'm in a hurry I'll get a good jump on the Honda and get around him with no problem." Light turns green and i go. I am almost past him when he decides to match my speed. Me not wanting to get stuck behind him again, I gun it. He guns it. He passes me before I hit the brakes to dive back into the left lane.:( Since when did Hondas get quick. By the way I was doing 80 when he passed me! [:@] I'm hoping to see him tomorrow and regain some dignity.

The annoying thing is I eat up rice burners all the time ... now I'm no longer undefeated:(

20dodgeram01 05-15-2006 09:07 PM

RE: moment of shame

mustof been a v6 accord.. those things are pretty quick.. you really shouldnt lose any dignity over that lol.. we still have full size trucks that weigh 4 times those cars.. and still keep up :D thats bragging rights

muddy_blue_dodge 05-15-2006 09:20 PM

yea, had to have been a V6

their actually startin to make some quick accords, especially the newer ones

miknwv 05-15-2006 09:29 PM

Wow...if that would've been me behind the wheel adn some asshole did that to me i'd have to run him over several times. I cant stand it when someone goes slow and then speeds up when you go around them.

Spike7ss 05-15-2006 10:48 PM

I had an old accord, 2.2L auto. And it was a 4 door to boot. It put some done up turbo cars in there places

:D

01RamSport 05-16-2006 12:01 AM

This one time I was racing my friend from a stop light and he has a Crown victoria with the 4.6 in it, and from dead stop I beat him, I was very surprised.

muddy_blue_dodge 05-16-2006 12:03 AM

really?? wow im surprised. my dad has a crown vic with the 4.6 police package, and it feels much faster than my truck.... what mods do you have, 01ramsport?

theshocker 05-16-2006 12:14 AM

My wife drives a 98 accord and for it having almost exactly have the amount of engine the thing is suprisingly fast and nimble. Oh yeah, less than half the curb weight to boot!

20dodgeram01 05-16-2006 01:47 AM

thats why i just dont race cars.. dont wanna get embarrassed lol [:'(] i stick to f-150s and other dodges

muddy_blue_dodge 05-16-2006 01:57 AM

i race a lot of cars. even with a screwd up gear ratio, i can surprise a lot of them

my friends integra can only beat me by about a car length...... and i can beat almost any civic in town. i think cars are the most fun because they just assume a big truck cant do anything

i tend to steer clear of other trucks for some reason. ive had bad luck/experiences vs. F-150s and teh like[:@]