DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing Talk (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk-130/)
-   -   Toyota Camry ready for submission (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk/62476-toyota-camry-ready-for-submission.html)

Midnight SRT 06-17-2006 09:22 PM

Toyota Camry ready for submission

http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/head...car/index.html

Ramcharger1987 07-18-2006 03:50 PM

RE: Toyota Camry ready for submission

Notice the first sentence:

The 2007 Toyota Camry that will be used in 20 of the 36 Nextel Cup Series races next season will be submitted to NASCAR on Monday morning
Does that mean that the yodas dont have what it takes to run all 36 races? Anyway Im not worried, because they dont have anyone worth diddily to race for them. As far as I know:

Michael Waltrip: Hasnt been good since DEI switched his team and Jr.s team around.
Bill Elliott: Washed up, hasnt done anything since he left Dodge.
Brian Vickers: Whats he done lately?
Dale Jaratt: About toyotas best bet, but dont bet much.

I know theres other teams, but I dont think they have set drivers yet. And I thought Robby Gordon was going to be a toyota, what happened to that?

DevilsReject 07-18-2006 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Ramcharger1987

Notice the first sentence:

The 2007 Toyota Camry that will be used in 20 of the 36 Nextel Cup Series races next season will be submitted to NASCAR on Monday morning
Does that mean that the yodas dont have what it takes to run all 36 races? Anyway Im not worried, because they dont have anyone worth diddily to race for them. As far as I know:

The reason that the Yota's are only running in 20 of the 36 Nextel races is because thats all that Dodge, Ford, and Chevy will be running in as well. 16 races next season will feature the Car of Tomorrow. In 2008, they will run I believe 25 races with the COT, and then in 2009, it will race the full season.

Say what you want, but I'd rather run a Toyota over a Ford anyday....

2coff 07-18-2006 04:28 PM

Like any of the cars on NASCAR, Toyota has nothing to do with the cars other then money and a body shell with there name on it.

Ramcharger1987 07-20-2006 06:21 AM

The COT looks like an R/C race car with the funny import style spoiler. The COT cars keep some of their appearance though. See Jayskis photo gallery. Also your forgetting thats a yoda designed engine under the hood too.

Jims04srt 07-21-2006 09:28 PM

Still looks like every other nascar car....just the nose and the headlights are different.

One thing I hope happens. If yota starts to win races like Dodge did when they came back, I want Nascar to start changing requirements on the yotas to make them less competitive. If we had to live through it, then they should too!

Bunta Fujiwara 07-25-2006 03:17 AM

yeah...NASCAR has come a FAR way from actual STOCK CAR RACING.....when the cars that raced were the actual cars that were on the streets...but it's ALL GOOD!!

And yeah...I think Im gonna go for Toyota too. Just cuz hey, its a Japanese car trying to make it in an AMERICAN auto sport......that GUTS!!!!!!!!!

Pitt Ram 07-27-2006 01:15 AM

ok im just going to say this

Nascar is an americian sport....I dotn care what toyota uses.....Toyota doesnt belong...

say what you want.....im sticking to that

HemiMan4451 07-27-2006 10:53 PM

I don't like Ford that much, but I'd rather be running Roush. I bet the only thing Japanese about the Camry Nascar is the name though, so it can't be all that bad. Michael Waltrip does get on my nerves though, he thinks those Tundras are so tough lol :D

Pitt Ram 07-28-2006 02:08 AM

yeah..ever see the commercil where all that stuff falls on the tundra..and it drives off with out a scratch?

Please like toyota can make a truck tougher then dodge can....ever ford is better then them