Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

RAM vs. Titan, finally.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Texas4x4Ram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RAM vs. Titan, finally.

Alright, next time someone decides to race a Titan make sure you don't have more then a 1/4 tank. Assuming(hoping) the titan has at least 3/4 of a tank you will have narrowed the weight gap by at least 150 if not more(or some where around there). Also if you realy want to get into it, drop your spare too. And last dont race with anyone in the truck with you.

Old 06-05-2005, 05:11 AM
Venom

I wouldnt mind trying a different Titan, but like I posted the guy gladly popped his hood and I couldnt find anything that would make me think his was anything but stock.

There were no solenoids, no braided or hidden lines to the air intake or manifolds. The Pulleys appeared factory and even if he had switched out his factory air filter I doubt it would have made a huge performance upgrade.

To top things off I wished that a PC reprogrammer was out for the Nissanso so I could blame his performance on something, but this dont seem to be the case. Hypertech, Jet and a couple other are working on a programmer for the Titan, but there not on market yet.
(Yes I called Summit and Jegs )

This just brings me to the understanding that my Hemi with a few costly upgrades was taken by a factory Nissan

I'm not sure of everyones thoughts, but I suspect one of a couple things are at hand

Either
1: Nissan has the HP of there truck underated at 305hp
2: Dodge has there HP overated
or
3: A combination of the two.

Ive beaten several Chevy's (295hp) and with ease, but a Nissan with 10hp more whips me? Something aint right!

Old 06-05-2005, 11:44 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The titan has a low gearset and an as needed 4WD system, for lack of a better term, that really helps them on the low end. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they are slow by any stretch, they just are not the Hemi killer the owners think they are.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:15 PM
QShip
Amateur

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

The titan has a low gearset and an as needed 4WD system, for lack of a better term, that really helps them on the low end.
That's not correct. You have to switch into 4hi or 4lo manually.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Venom

The titan has a low gearset and an as needed 4WD system,
I might feel better had this been true , but we both had 2wd's

Old 06-05-2005, 12:22 PM
guido7
Veteran

Todd... perhaps it was my 456's that jumped the Titans, all I know is that between lights, I had them.... no BS, no joke... will do it again if I can get the chance, also the Titan at the track didnt pull as strong as I thought, I dont know why, but again, I will try there too....
I drove 2 T's before I bought my truck, and felt the Hemi was just simply a better, and faster truck... sooo..here I am braggin ....
Thats also why I belong to this Forum; Im proud to be an owner, and all the people that I have met that own Ram Hemi's feel the same way.......

Venum, give it a try again...you may be surprised.....no harm, no foul, as they say.........

Todd, also remember that this Troll, as he is being called, chose YOU because you are a moderator, and have influence here, my thought is that he has ego probs, and wants, and knows he can stir up the sh#t, with his foolish remarks.... I laff at it....maybe we'll get lucky and he'll come to NC...LOL

GUIDO

Old 06-05-2005, 12:50 PM
QShip
Amateur

I'm new here. I have a 2004 Titan and a 2004 Durango. I don't doubt that Titans have lost to Hemi's. Nor do I doubt that Hemi's have lost to Titans. For me, I just like trucks. And the one that I liked the most was the 2500 w/ the Cummins. They were more than I was willing to spend. I didn't go with the Hemi because I wanted something different. That's why I chose the Titan.

Old 06-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Venom

I will give it another try when the opportunity comes around.

Until then I will try to dig up some facts on the two engines. I honestly doubt there is a 40hp difference in our two engines.
It seems Nissan has the same engine in one of there Infinitys and its making 340hp.

Can anyone thats made a run on a rolling dyno while there truck was stock post there results?
I will try to dig up similar results on the Nissan and see who is telling the truth.

Old 06-05-2005, 01:27 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why would nissen under rate their trucks amidst a horsepower war across both the car and truck market??

Old 06-05-2005, 01:54 PM
QShip
Amateur

I had my Titan dyno'd while it was stock. Unfortunately, it has to be dyno'd in 3rd gear, due to the fact that the limiter kicks in @ 117. The 1:1 gear is 4th gear. These number are at the wheels.

3rd gear
Absolute barometric pressure: 29.36 in. Hg.
Vapor pressure: 0.081 in. Hg.
Intake air temp: 54.3 F
Gear Ratio: 49.34 RPM/MPH
Correction Factor: 0.97 SAE

267.01 hp
339.10 Torque

Here's a link to the dynosheet: Titan Dynosheet

Quick Reply: RAM vs. Titan, finally.