Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Any "kills" to share?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 01:36 AM
Deleted User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 08-10-2004, 07:31 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Any "kills" to share?

Porsches, like BMWs, are mostly over rated. Most are only moderately powered at best, but people buy them thinking that simply because of the name that it is the fastest thing on the road. Just because an extremely select few of these big name, mostly over rated cars are worthy of the praise bestowed upon them, doesn't mean that they all are. Most models from these car makers would have trouble going against a Neon or a Cavalier, but this is most and not all. Some will even give a Viper one helluva run and one of the Porsches can beat it due to it's AWD. One must know their enemy if they wish to conquer them.

Old 08-10-2004, 04:07 PM
purdueranger
Veteran

Havn't had the chance to race anyone yet in my v8 cherokee. When i was in my celica everyone and there mother wanted to race an old worn out 4cyl. Maybe I will race the jeep in the street car chaos against some dumb schmuck in a civic and win some money. I love having a V8 and all wheel drive.

Old 08-11-2004, 05:47 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Thats a good point RR. I don't usually mess with cars I can't hang with. Every once in awhile I'll chase after something that can or should be able to toast me good. And WTF is up with all the Cavaliers that want a piece of my neon. On highway tonight, I pass you guessed it, a Cavalier. One of the slower kind. Rolling at about 75-80 I move over and he gets on my *** and is following me. So I sped up to about 90, that and I started weaseling through traffic...he didn't try to follow. No racing really, just another damn Cavalier. I'm really starting to despise these things....

Old 08-11-2004, 09:16 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the track on saturday I won 3 and lost 1. I beat a friend in his modified '97 Eclipse, another friend in his slightly modified '03 Tiburon GT and some modified Civic hatchback. The Civic got a good launch and stayed slightly ahead, but I was ahead by the 1/8 mile mark and beat him by almost a second. My one loss was with my worst launch, all my launches were absolutely horrid though, where I spun all of 1st gear and it had to be against a modified '97-'98 Talon AWD turbo. After I finally shifted into second to stop the spinning he was ahead by quite a bit, but once I got traction it was no longer him leaving me it was neutral, the distance between us didn't get any larger. Towards the end I was starting to gain on him, but it was far too late for that to even matter. He turned what I should have been turning all day which is mid-13's, but I couldn't get it to launch right, it was either all spin or too little and it was definately on the low end. My 60' time should be around 1.9-2.0 which is what he had, but I ran a 2.6 that time and my best was a lousy 2.4. The track I was at is known for being slippery and hard to hook up on, in fact the track was torn up this past winter and redone because of it having a problem with water seeping through the track. Hopefully I'll be going to a better track next month to hopefully run what the car should.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:15 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i somehow got a 2003 neon sxt to take a 1994 pontiac firebird. it was v6 and rear wheel drive so it had all the advantages. we thought it was a fluke until i won the same distance time after time. I also had a 2004 intrepid the crap 2.7 one keep up with a 2001 mustang with a 3.8 v6. it makes me wonder at times. o i also smoked a riced out civic with a stock pacifica.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:55 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what is your car nick?

Old 08-24-2004, 02:32 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

rite this moment im driving a 2004 pacifica with a 05 grand cherokee in the garage. we will replace the pacifica with soemthing new next month. im pushing my dad to get me a sebring sedan limited

Old 08-25-2004, 02:31 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

I raced a Turbo Saab in the 4.7 a while back. He asked if I wanted to race and if I had a HEMI. I made sure he knew I did not have a HEMI, if he won I didn't want the punk thinking he beat a HEMI. We raced and I had him until 80 or 90 then he passed me. When he passed me he was screaming out the window and laughing. When we got to the next light he yelled, "This is a TURBO Saab!" I yelled back, "This is a 5,000 pound truck!" He shut up and drove off.

Old 08-25-2004, 03:50 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hahahahahaha....

great come back!! a turbo saab huh? i know i have nightmares about those...

Quick Reply: Any "kills" to share?