Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Toyota Cheated in NASCAR

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:38 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Toyota Cheated in NASCAR

it should be pointed out that toyota is paying a substantial amount more per team than the american companies are...this is causing a problem, or some non-toyota feel that it will cause a problem, in the form of sponsorships. this is why BUMS like waltrip jumped onto the toyota bandwagon. his waste of a career and inability to compete left him without a team, so he took the big payday from toyota. now companies that want to sponsor a car will find that they have to contribute less to the toyota companies than they do with the american brands.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dakota_24

They dont need too; they are NASCAR's new Chevy! Mark my words; with in the next few years; Toyota will be Cup Champions! Sure they penalized the biggest 'Yota team, but they can't make look that obvious. It'll all be rectified and all will be forgiven and forgottenby NASCAR; and all you will hear is 'Yota this, and 'Yota that. NASCAR will bow down to...Whoever the Japanese worship, and soon the Big Red Dot will take over the American flag on all the cars.
This statement is ridiculous... and the fact that you end it with "Big Red Dot" completely takes any credit you had away from you.

No, because TOYOTA has $$$$$ and is making $$$$$$; hand over fist over GM, FORD, and especially over DODGE. The"old" big 3 is losing money. Why is it retarded...That was the whole theory why Chevy was winning, and it makes sense..They used to be the money makers, and they won, and got away with things that the others didn't. Now that Chevy has been trumped by the big TOY; It will happen!
GM is a much more wealthy company than Toyota. You're just making bogus things up. Relax, Toyota is going to royally suck. It will be many years before they get in a groove. The has beens and never was drivers they have will never be better than the Dodge, Chevy and Ford drivers. Johnson, Stewart, Newman, Busch, Gordon, Biffle etc etc etc etc etc... must I go on?

Old 02-15-2007, 09:57 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldnt say that GM has more money than Toyota...keep in mind GM is struggling and Toyota is flourishing...

Old 02-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Just because they are bringing in more now, doesn't mean they have more in general.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:25 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem is NASCAR needs a serious overhaul. It is so stupid that there is no different between the Intrepid, Charger, and Avenger racing models. They need to actually race the cars they are sponsoring, using the actual engine and transmissions they offer in the cars with mild modifications. Toyota has the advantage that they got to copy off of the Big 3s designs. NASCAR lost its credibility when they banned the HEMI.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:18 PM
prplhaze
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel bad for the drivers that did'nt qualify good enough and are not gonna race, while others that cheated, are still in.How many of you think that Michael Waltrip knew nothing about the cheating.? In my opinion they shoulda booted all the cheaters out of the race, and let all the struggling teams who DID NOT cheat in the race.Thats my 2 cents

Old 02-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Dakota_24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

The problem is NASCAR needs a serious overhaul. It is so stupid that there is no different between the Intrepid, Charger, and Avenger racing models. They need to actually race the cars they are sponsoring, using the actual engine and transmissions they offer in the cars with mild modifications. Toyota has the advantage that they got to copy off of the Big 3s designs. NASCAR lost its credibility when they banned the HEMI.
This is why I have been watching CASCAR (Canada's NASCAR)...They're racecars actually look like the actual car. They arent these cookie cutter cars to make things "FAIR".

Old 02-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

ORIGINAL: prplhaze

I feel bad for the drivers that did'nt qualify good enough and are not gonna race, while others that cheated, are still in.How many of you think that Michael Waltrip knew nothing about the cheating.? In my opinion they shoulda booted all the cheaters out of the race, and let all the struggling teams who DID NOT cheat in the race.Thats my 2 cents
Yeah, he's the owner and the driver and he knew nothing about it.... sure lol

Quick Reply: Toyota Cheated in NASCAR