DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing Talk (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk-130/)
-   -   Toyota Cheated in NASCAR (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk/93820-toyota-cheated-in-nascar.html)

MoparMJM 02-14-2007 11:50 PM

Toyota Cheated in NASCAR

HAHAHAHAHA, what a way to start their first season!!!

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/nextel/nascar/35387/

Penalties at a glance
# Docked 100 driver and owner points
# Michael Waltrip's qualifying time disallowed
# Michael Waltrip's crew chief, David Hyder, ejected and suspended indefinitely, fined $100,000.
# Michael Waltrip Racing's VP of competition, Bobby Kennedy, ejected and suspended indefinitely.

car is still being inspected at the Nascar HQ

nascarnut 02-15-2007 12:59 AM

RE: Toyota Cheated in NASCAR

Well lets not forgetALL of Evernhams cars failed insepction. That was a tad embarassing.

MoparMJM 02-15-2007 01:11 AM

Was that the team w/ hole in the wheel wells?

if so, that is no where near trying to use fuel additives or jet fuel or whatever it was.

DevilsReject 02-15-2007 02:06 AM

ORIGINAL: moparkj

Was that the team w/ hole in the wheel wells?

if so, that is no where near trying to use fuel additives or jet fuel or whatever it was.

It doesnt really matter HOW you cheat...its the fact you cheated....

Also, dont pin this on Toyota.....as several HIGH profile drivers had crews that were nailed with cheating.....including drivers from Ford & Dodge.....this all boils down to stupid decisions by people on the crews....do you really think Toyota would do this?

Dakota_24 02-15-2007 02:20 AM

They dont need too; they are NASCAR's new Chevy! Mark my words; with in the next few years; Toyota will be Cup Champions! Sure they penalized the biggest 'Yota team, but they can't make look that obvious. It'll all be rectified and all will be forgiven and forgottenby NASCAR; and all you will hear is 'Yota this, and 'Yota that. NASCAR will bow down to...Whoever the Japanese worship, and soon the Big Red Dot will take over the American flag on all the cars.

DevilsReject 02-15-2007 03:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Dakota_24

They dont need too; they are NASCAR's new Chevy! Mark my words; with in the next few years; Toyota will be Cup Champions! Sure they penalized the biggest 'Yota team, but they can't make look that obvious. It'll all be rectified and all will be forgiven and forgottenby NASCAR; and all you will hear is 'Yota this, and 'Yota that. NASCAR will bow down to...Whoever the Japanese worship, and soon the Big Red Dot will take over the American flag on all the cars.
That's retarded......If NASCAR was so concerned with making sure that a new brand was going to win....dont you think Dodge would already have had a guy win a championship by now?

Stop with the conspiracy theories....they're just retarded....

scatpackmopar 02-15-2007 03:16 AM

The Evernham infractions were nit picking. Tape covering holes in the wheel well area where tubing should have been but was removed while the car was in qualifing trim blew off opening the holes supposedly creating an aero advantage.Kasey qualified 28th. Get real. The 10 and 19 teams were penalized for spoiler retainer bolts that had been drilled out to make the parts lighter. They were found in pre qualifing and were not on the cars during qualifing. Those were also the same parts from last year. To me NASCAR looks like it is making examples of teams for minor infractions. The Waltrip deal sounds big. No gray area, just plain cheating. I am not surprised, Michael Waltrip has been on a down hill slide for the last 3 years!

Dakota_24 02-15-2007 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: Dakota_24

That's retarded......If NASCAR was so concerned with making sure that a new brand was going to win....dont you think Dodge would already have had a guy win a championship by now?

Stop with the conspiracy theories....they're just retarded....
No, because TOYOTA has $$$$$ and is making $$$$$$; hand over fist over GM, FORD, and especially over DODGE. The"old" big 3 is losing money. Why is it retarded...That was the whole theory why Chevy was winning, and it makes sense..They used to be the money makers, and they won, and got away with things that the others didn't. Now that Chevy has been trumped by the big TOY; It will happen!

muddy_blue_dodge 02-15-2007 03:49 PM

i watched that live interview about it with..... cant remember his name now. robin something...... anyways NASCAR was tryin to make it clear not to pin it on Toyota...... it was just michael waltrips team.

i agree with the punishments b/c it was cheating, but i understand where their comin from too........ so much pressure to make your first Daytona 500...... but i think they would have made it anyways had they not done that. dummies.

DevilsReject 02-15-2007 04:14 PM

First of all, Chevy has dominated the sport since the Hemi motor was banned from NASCAR. They dont need help from any "officials" to fix things for them. Even suggesting that obviously shows your hatred of Chevy.

Secondly, Toyota may be making money, but they cant dominate the car circuit like they do elsewhere. Here, they have to play by certain rules and they cant buy their way into things. In fact, Toyota has played by all the rules so far in the Truck series and has done really well for themselves.

Third, the punishments are fair for all parties involved and I'll tell you why. THEY DID NOT FOLLOW THE RULES! I dont care what happens, rules are rules. As for the reason why NASCAR is cracking down now? They're tired of all the same idiot moves year in year out. Look what happened last year with Jimmie Johnson. Look what happened this past weekend. They're done with the stupid methods of cheating. Whether it's accidental or on purpose.

Lastly, the whole Michael Waltrip/Toyota incident has zero to do with Toyota and everything to do with that team trying to cheat period. Toyota doesnt drive the car, doesnt work on the car, and doesnt race the car. More to the point, if what they're saying about the substance found in the motor, I'd have anyone who was involved banned for life from the sport. Send a message now and make it harsh.